Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here doing this? I just got a Malibu on Tuesday, got my 75 rides tonight. Not very thrilled with how much money I made with Lyft though. Seems like I'd be better off doing Uber but I can't get the right insurance coverage on my car (even though I'm approved by Uber) and Uber's rentals and leases are stupid expensive. The Lyft ExpressDrive rental is free if you do 75 rides per week, only cost is mileage when the app is offline.
It took about 32 hours to get 75 rides. The power drive bonus is not available for Express Drive users. Acceptance rate must be over 90%.

On one hand, I made a little less money doing this than I would have if I used my own car with Uber, but on the other hand I have a lot less liability, my expenses are greatly reduced as I no longer have to pay for car and car insurance. My only real expense is gas and the few miles I spend driving offline, which was less than 50 miles for sure. I'd say it's a solid program but Lyft's popularity is not as good as Uber and I have wasted a lot of time in between rides just twiddling my thumbs or driving aimlessly around. I really wish Uber had a comparable option. They have the enterprise rentals but they are like legit $300 a week with insurance. It's a ****ing joke.

Seriously, this is an 8 day Uber Rental cost:

Price Details
VEHICLE CLASSCHANGE VEHICLE

Intermediate
For 1 day(s) - $ 30.00 / day
$ 30.00
Intermediate
For 1 week(s) - $ 210.00 / week
$ 210.00
VEHICLE MILEAGE
Unlimited Mileage

Included
TAXES & FEESLEARN MORE ABOUT TAXES AND FEES
QUICK START FEE

$ 40.00
MA PRKG SURCHARGE

$ 0.60
VLC REC FEE

$ 19.20
MA SALES TAX (6.25%)

$ 18.74
ESTIMATED TOTAL
$318.54

·
Registered
786 Posts
Anyone here doing this?
I wanted to know; did you do this again. I am thinking of doing this, taking a working vacation because I need to spend some of my vacation time before I lose it. The only thing with the down time, that I get from driving with Lyft. But with my own car I can turn on Uber if it gets slow. My normal routine is turn on Lyft for the first 15-20min if nothing happens I turn on Uber and wait till I get a ping. Also I live outside the city, about 20 miles before I turn on the drive mode. I would just have to turn if on once I get on the highway :confused:. Were there any extra fees that they put on at the end when you hit your 75 rides and turned in your car. (not counting extra miles for personal use)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts