Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody getting this feature when they drive currently?

Can somebody please upload a screenshot of what this looks like on a ping?

As far as I can tell nobody has provided a screenshot of this feature in action.

Is this feature something they tease non-platinum drivers with to trick them into taking more rides?

Thanks..

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Seen a screenshot my friend posted in FB.
It's just like a regular incoming ping request which shows how far away your location to pickup time in minutes. With an additional info time above it "Estimated ride time x minutes".

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
You meant i made it up?
Lyft doesn't show rider ratings anymore, which is a great disservice to drivers. If Lyft drivers can't see passenger ratings left by other drivers, what's the point of having them?

I personally refuse lowly rated passengers to avoid dealing with their issues.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Lyft doesn't show rider ratings anymore, which is a great disservice to drivers. If Lyft drivers can't see passenger ratings left by other drivers, what's the point of having them?

I personally refuse lowly rated passengers to avoid dealing with their issues.
They are showing for me.
Unless this started today, they were showing ratings as of last night.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
They are showing for me.
Unless this started today, they were showing ratings as of last night.
Since when?
I'm not sure how it works. I know ratings don't display on new passengers or passengers with few ratings.

I assumed Lyft was trying to push me onto accepting more rides by not showing me passenger ratings or just showing me the 5 rated passengers. My acceptance rate has always hovered in the 60's, and I'm always getting emails from Lyft about helping them "provide better customer service" by accepting ALL rides (yeah right).

But after several days since the issue, I've been able to see ratings on all my passengers. Also, I recently updated the app, so that might have corrected my problem? I feel the Lyft app is slightly glitchy and not as polished as the Uber app. I get frustrated when passengers disappear or change while in transit to a new pickup.

Reactions: LVcool

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I feel the Lyft app is slightly glitchy and not as polished as the Uber app. I get frustrated when passengers disappear or change while in transit to a new pickup.
The redispatch should be audible in the same way an incoming ping is audible.

I use bluetooth for handsfree calling and will only get audio notifications from the Lyft app if my car radio audio source is switched to bluetooth.

The problem for me is I usually listen to the FM radio and therefore wont hear audio alerts from my phone while it is paired over bluetooth..

But my phone will play Lyft ride request pings and Waze alerts over the handset speaker so it proves they *could* do it.

They really don't test these things with enough non-frisco drivers in the real world. I bet all their testers use iphones and have never used an FM radio while in the car.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
The redispatch should be audible in the same way an incoming ping is audible.

I use bluetooth for handsfree calling and will only get audio notifications from the Lyft app if my car radio audio source is switched to bluetooth.

The problem for me is I usually listen to the FM radio and therefore wont hear audio alerts from my phone while it is paired over bluetooth..

But my phone will play Lyft ride request pings and Waze alerts over the handset speaker so it proves they *could* do it.

They really don't test these things with enough non-frisco drivers in the real world. I bet all their testers use iphones and have never used an FM radio while in the car.
Get earphones and wear those instead of going through the radio. I have a set of earphones I wear paired to my phone. Works well and I can hear the outside noise quite well. My set costs about 50 bucks at frys and I have had them for 4 years so far.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts