Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Lyft Driver Orders Unruly Pax Out, Pulls Knife When Threatened

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  peteyvavs 
#1 ·
I don't recall this being posted (almost two months old at present), but I came across this on YT and thought this a good teachable moment from many aspects. Just a little bit of background here before people jump in. The woman was allegedly a working girl and was possibly looking to turn a trick in the car. The driver was subsequently deactivated by Lyft, apparently for sharing the dash cam video on social media instead of the other policy violations seen in the video. He had started a GoFundMe for Christmas and to draw attention to it. Here is the video:

(edit: had to link since the owner of the vid does not allow embedding)

#9 ·
That's a difficult watch dude. It's really clear he didn't want to take that ride right at the moment she gets in, and he could probably have done a lot to help himself by being more forceful about insisting they buckle up. As for the dude pulling out a knife I mean the guy felt threatened can we really look on afterward and say, what, he didn't feel threatened in that moment?

#13 ·
The Lift Rule,Anyone, a Pax or Lyft driver who possesses a weapon while using Lyft regardless whether possession is legal where they are,will be banned from Using Lyft. jmo
Yea, I'm certainly not gonna judge anyone who carries for their own protection, but as Disgusted Driver says, I would only pull it if I expected to use it. Especially with Lyft since this rule exists. Too many people escalate in a bad situation and make things worse, imho. To me, this looked like a classic case of "rideshare rage" anyway. You know, when a poor driver who can't stand up for themselves gets tired of the minimum fares, no tips and people taking advantage and just general disrespectful behavior then they suddenly snap, overreacting to an otherwise standard ejection.

No, she was the one looking for a TIP? LMAO, JMO
Well, it appears as though the driver at least got a tip... of her fingernail near his eye, it appears? Ouch!

#15 ·
I have given numerous rides to hookers, note I said ride not picked up, I never had an issue with a working girl, I’ve been respectful and they respect me. Now welfare moochers who think that they are entitled and rich aholes can learn a thing or two about respect and decency from a working girl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.