Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Lyft use a similar driver app platform as Uber. ie: Put yourself on-line....get pinged....given directions through my Google maps....pick up driver...given directions on my google map to the persons destination???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
971 Posts
Subtle differences - but the "platforms" are nearly identical. Uber auto-arrives, you have to tap and confirm arrival on Lyft.

Nice thing about Lyft, after arrival confirmation, they auto start the clock - pax starts paying for wait time after 3 minutes.
You can cancel the ride after 5 minutes, but you have to call first. You can let it ring once and hang up if you don't want the ride, but you have to make the effort to contact pax.

I find Lyft charges more, which I like. Lyft allows them to leave a tip after they rate stars, which I like. Lyft allows drivers to get 100% of the fare for jumping through 3 weekly hoops, which I like.

I find Uber to be incredibly offensive to drivers with their "tip not required" repetitive meme on every ping.
I find Uber to be incredibly offensive in doubling their "trust and safety" fee, hypocritically helping themselves to a forced tip for every ride.

Yeah, I drive an Uber passenger once a month to keep my app active, otherwise Uber-Off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts