Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first signed up for Uber I also signed up for Lyft. After a week of doing both, I received Uber requests 10 to 1 over Lyft. So off and on over the past few months I've done Uber exclusively with Lyft every now and then until I counted it a waste. Last night I decided I was going to do Lyft only, and it worked well. I only drove for 3.5 hours and made $74. I should note that $12 of it was tips, but still not bad and pretty comparable to Uber. Has anyone noticed an uptick in pings from Lyft? I think Lyft is overall a better company and prefer driving for them, but the volume hasn't been there.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I noticed that too, but I dont like to deal with lyft customers as they mostly ladies and they give directions. Most of the rides I get take me to bad areas.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I noticed that too, but I dont like to deal with lyft customers as they mostly ladies and they give directions. Most of the rides I get take me to bad areas.
They're not good backseat drivers either, and the only difference b/t their directions and the navigation app's directions is only a few cents. It's obnoxious. Majority of these passengers don't tip.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I drive for both and have notice a uptick in Lyft also. I prefer Lyft for the higher chance of a tip but prefer the Uber app more. I find the passengers to be the same with either app. I have been driving both for about 6 months and people are people and 99% of my riders are fine. Just go with the flow with your rider is my advice.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Part time and I'm doing fine. You just have to clock those hours. I don't think I can ever do full time and that's 60+ hours a week to pay the bills!!

I'm so tired of those $4.50 pax. I really feel like 1* each and everyone. It's annoying driving 8 miles to pick them up to go around the corner. Yesterday I had a pax going to the liquor store and back for $4.50...I was pissed!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Those short trips can be a pain in the butt, The only time I make out on short trips is when there's a decent surge but other than that after ubers fees I get a whopping $4.47, Time to drive different hours when it's a decent surge.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Part time and I'm doing fine. You just have to clock those hours. I don't think I can ever do full time and that's 60+ hours a week to pay the bills!!

I'm so tired of those $4.50 pax. I really feel like 1* each and everyone. It's annoying driving 8 miles to pick them up to go around the corner. Yesterday I had a pax going to the liquor store and back for $4.50...I was pissed!!
Don't drive 8 miles. I don't accept the ride if unless it is close enough to get there in less than 5 min.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Last time I did Lyft, female pax was carrying a toddler. I told her I couldn't take her since I don't have a seat. Lady says "It's fine, I'm only going around the corner."
Great, I get to risk a fine and put this child's life in danger for min fare.
Again I told her no. She called me a b**** and cancelled.
I reported her to Lyft. First time I've ever had the pleasure of speaking to them on the phone. They were very helpful, apologized for the pax behavior, and made sure I got the cancellation fee.
Still, don't really want to deal with them and their long pick-ups for min fare.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Last time I did Lyft, female pax was carrying a toddler. I told her I couldn't take her since I don't have a seat. Lady says "It's fine, I'm only going around the corner."
Great, I get to risk a fine and put this child's life in danger for min fare.
Again I told her no. She called me a b**** and cancelled.
I reported her to Lyft. First time I've ever had the pleasure of speaking to them on the phone. They were very helpful, apologized for the pax behavior, and made sure I got the cancellation fee.
Still, don't really want to deal with them and their long pick-ups for min fare.
I can't stand those without baby seats/booster seats and over 4 people for the ride. Burns me up. I always contact Uber about both of these scenarios right after they happen. But the next driver may take them and Uber still makes money at the end of the day. Who is going to police who gets in and how until an accident/incident occurs? No one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
According to the credit/debit card stats...at its peak Uber was 90-10 versus Lyft but now it is about 75-25 ... having both Apps running just means you are doubling the number of ants on the road and screwing other drivers out of surge money. I wish these 2 companies would come out and say you have to drive exclusively for one or the other. That would reduce the number of ants and increase the surges.

Uber/Lyft its all the same. It is the same passengers...it is the same cars ..... it is the same drivers. Now with Uber adding the tipping option to the app I am not sure what is dramatically different between the 2 companies.

The public perception of Uber might be negative because of the affiliations to Donald Trump and the abuse of women at corporate but how many people really think about that when the request a car? Left wing feminsts can use Lyft..fine by me. I will continue to driver Uber.

If I am a smart driver I am going to work the app that has the higher surge rate.
If I am a smart passenger I am going to use the app that has the lower surge rate.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
When I first signed up for Uber I also signed up for Lyft. After a week of doing both, I received Uber requests 10 to 1 over Lyft. So off and on over the past few months I've done Uber exclusively with Lyft every now and then until I counted it a waste. Last night I decided I was going to do Lyft only, and it worked well. I only drove for 3.5 hours and made $74. I should note that $12 of it was tips, but still not bad and pretty comparable to Uber. Has anyone noticed an uptick in pings from Lyft? I think Lyft is overall a better company and prefer driving for them, but the volume hasn't been there.
I think there both horrible for drivers.lyft the same shit.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Uber definitely has the Baltimore market in its vise. I was running both apps last week and over the weekend. Uber has the upper hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts