Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: http://thehub.lyft.com/blog/2016/5/...&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=83052970

1464025447562.jpg

Last Call for Glowstaches, Until the Next Generation
May 23, 2016

After painting the nation pink for nearly two years - and co-starring in Undercover Lyft videos - the Glowstache is being swapped out as we build you something even more exciting! Just like everything before it, the next icon will be designed to start every ride with a smile, and we're excited to introduce it to you once it's ready.

In the meantime, there's still time to reserve one of the last Glowstaches: If you haven't yet, hit the 100-ride mark, maintain a 4.8+ rating, and request yours before June 1, 2016.

Get a Glowstache

Stick to Your In-Car Essentials

Whether or not you're sporting a Glowstache, it's important that you have an identifier on your car to show you're with Lyft for safety and local compliance reasons. Keep your square emblem in the windshield whenever you're in driver mode.

Thanks for embracing the Glowstache for all these years, and for sharing feedback for its future generations. Just wait till you see what we dream up next.

Reactions: cin90 and tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
60,719 Posts
Source: http://thehub.lyft.com/blog/2016/5/...&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=83052970

View attachment 41734

Last Call for Glowstaches, Until the Next Generation
May 23, 2016

After painting the nation pink for nearly two years - and co-starring in Undercover Lyft videos - the Glowstache is being swapped out as we build you something even more exciting! Just like everything before it, the next icon will be designed to start every ride with a smile, and we're excited to introduce it to you once it's ready.

In the meantime, there's still time to reserve one of the last Glowstaches: If you haven't yet, hit the 100-ride mark, maintain a 4.8+ rating, and request yours before June 1, 2016.

Get a Glowstache

Stick to Your In-Car Essentials

Whether or not you're sporting a Glowstache, it's important that you have an identifier on your car to show you're with Lyft for safety and local compliance reasons. Keep your square emblem in the windshield whenever you're in driver mode.

Thanks for embracing the Glowstache for all these years, and for sharing feedback for its future generations. Just wait till you see what we dream up next.
The end of an era.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Everyone seems to love the glowing pink mustaches. Weird move.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
As long as it's not a U or an a-hole shaped logo (if they didn't sell to Uber) I'm fine. Even if it's a pink bubble head doll

·
Registered
898 Posts
Maybe since their so famous for copying and stealing Uber's ideas they are going to use the color signs that designate a unique color to passengers.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
"designed to start every ride with a smile"

could be a pink smile icon

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the Mustache was too masculine and discriminatory
You may be on to something. I don't think it's overly masculine as it's completely pink though, their whole color theme has been hot pink (now dialed back to a purple/pink). I do think the pink-hue is wearing off though, some male pax probably don't want to use Lyft because it's the "hot pink mustache car", especially business travel. I'm betting it's something much more modern to cater to business travelers but still keeping some purple/pink subtleties.

Maybe since their so famous for copying and stealing Uber's ideas they are going to use the color signs that designate a unique color to passengers.
Ha I was kind of thinking that too

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I went to the glowstache site and it let me order another one . I already got mine but I'm at 1500 rides , see if it comes wouldn't mind having a back up or just keep it in sealed and see if it goes up in value . I've seen them on ebay for $100 before

·
Registered
396 Posts
When I added my XL vehicle on Saturday, the Uberette at the table told me that Uber is rebranding soon, with a "red" logo. TIA I know.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Sounds like a corporate way of saying, we can't afford glowstache's any more. Our next promotion will be a PDF you can print at home.

Reactions: MikesUber

·
Registered
995 Posts
Why do you think this is any different then them switching from the original mustache to the cuddlestach to the glowstache?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why do you think this is any different then them switching from the original mustache to the cuddlestach to the glowstache?
Maybe this is the newest app-enable Lyftasche that connects via Bluetooth. Optimized VR immersion through Google Cardboard or Oculus system.

Oooh newww and shinyy.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts