Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached below is a screenshot of Lyft's Demand. I annotated it with the arrow. But from a drivers standpoint. This makes absolutely no sense, unless I"m missing something? Looks like the bars on the graph are set in 30 minute increments (5AM, 530AM, 6AM, 630AM?).

According to this chart, the busiest time on Saturday is at 12AM? I thought the bar close was the peak time? It's also strange that the daytime demand is now busier then the morning rush-hour?

Do you think demand times are exactly the same for Uber and Lyft or are they really this different? My natural instinct would tell me they are pretty much the same.

Plot Slope Font Rectangle Magenta

·
Premium Member
9,632 Posts
first off, there's no rush hour on Saturday so that part makes sense.

I'm a little skeptical of the late night action. My experience is that 11 is very busy but 2am is busier. It's possible that its just the difference between a quick burst at 2 and a sustained demand at 11. Who knows. What I do know is that 12:30 to 1am drops off a lot

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, duh!! I mixed this one up with the weekday one for the rush-hour. On the their weekday charts, the am rush-hour demand is slower or the same as the daytime like around 6AM-9AM.

I'm a little skeptical of the late night action. My experience is that 11 is very busy but 2am is busier. It's possible that its just the difference between a quick burst at 2 and a sustained demand at 11. Who knows. What I do know is that 12:30 to 1am drops off a lot
Purple Font Violet Plot Magenta

Here's the one I was referring too about the early morning. I thought 7AM-9AM was peak time? This shows it being just about the same around lunch-time. Weird? The evening I can make sense of. There's probably more demand, but more ants so it can feel like less to the driver.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem might be that we don't know what the definition of demand is. It could be the proportion of drivers to calls not number of calls.
I honestly think you were right on the money with the "quick burst" vs. "sustained demand." Makes sense the more I think about it. Like even in the rush-hours, lots of ppl head out all at once and need a ride to and from work. Whereas during the daytime, there might be just as much demand as in the morning, but more sustained with more ants.

·
Premium Member
9,632 Posts
I honestly think you were right on the money with the "quick burst" vs. "sustained demand." Makes sense the more I think about it. Like even in the rush-hours, lots of ppl head out all at once and need a ride to and from work. Whereas during the daytime, there might be just as much demand as in the morning, but more sustained with more ants.
I'm a scientist so without the data, you really can't tell. Then there's the fact that the information is coming from a company that may have an agenda so I'm sceptical about the ability to draw any conclusions from it.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a scientist so without the data, you really can't tell. Then there's the fact that the information is coming from a company that may have an agenda so I'm sceptical about the ability to draw any conclusions from it.
True story. "Peak Demand" to them might not have anything to do with the true demand - It could just mean times where they need the most amount of help or are shorter on drivers.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Here's the one I was referring too about the early morning. I thought 7AM-9AM was peak time? This shows it being just about the same around lunch-time. Weird? The evening I can make sense of. There's probably more demand, but more ants so it can feel like less to the driver.
If each bar represents 1/2 hour starting at 5:00 AM...the lowest time after 9:30 AM is 12:00 - 1:30. It goes up after that till the end of rush hour.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If each bar represents 1/2 hour starting at 5:00 AM...the lowest time after 9:30 AM is 12:00 - 1:30. It goes up after that till the end of rush hour.
It really doesn't line up with the times Über and Lyft say are the best to work and/or with the times it's known to surge.

Not sure if Über-Eats is playing a roll during lunch time or if it's related to a stronger economy. It would be nice if Über would come up with an updated demand timeline because things have clearly changed if this is correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.