Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lyft is using nefarious methods to cheat drivers out of consecutive streak bonuses.

Just spent literally 4 hours in their evil "message support" system attempting to obtain a $15 streak bonus owed to me that was not given. The message support system for drivers is designed to not give drivers anything. The staff are handling multiple queues at the same time, so I waited 8-10 minutes between responses. During this time, they hand you off from one staff member to another hoping that you go away, all the while cutting and pasting irrelevant policies about streaks that don't pertain to your actual question or circumstances, and they don't even bother to look at your trip details to see if you are right. Staff are not authorized to give any credits to drivers, and their English is uninteligible.

I asked for a supervisor six times, and two hours later finally got one. She quoted the same nonsense about Lyft policies, and when I finally asked for a manager multiple times, she finally gave me $15 as a "courtesy" for Lyft's mistake. Putting drivers through this miserable experience is one way they cheat drivers out of their streak bonuses. I was determined because this was not the first time they cheated me this week, but most drivers would give up.

Accepting rides while in a destination filter is perfectly fine for streaks. HOWEVER, Lyft will randomly end your destination filter after two rides, even when you are nowhere near your destination and nowhere near 30 minutes between rides. They do this so they can arbitrarily end a streak and cheat drivers who did two rides. My situation was different than this, but beware of what they do.

·
Premium Member
1964 Studebaker Commander
2,556 Posts
These ****ing crooks just used a long trip ping to get me to break a streak, then, after I started a new streak, sent the same long trip request back to me and I had to again decline it and broke the new streak. The pax texted me - "are you going to be able to take me to the airport? You just declined me."

·
Registered
83 Posts
Been doing this ride share adventure for 6 years 25,000 rides maybe some 200,000 miles..online miles..and yes Lyft and Uber are shady operating in the cloth of darkness only loyal to they're investors/shareholders...the sooner you come to grips with tips being stolen unfair deactivations and the hideous passage of prop 22..things will begin to shine on you....this job was never a full time retire ment type money deal..we all agreed to the TOS meaning we can get kicked to da curb at any minute..yes it's totally not fair..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Been doing this ride share adventure for 6 years 25,000 rides maybe some 200,000 miles..online miles..and yes Lyft and Uber are shady operating in the cloth of darkness only loyal to they're investors/shareholders...the sooner you come to grips with tips being stolen unfair deactivations and the hideous passage of prop 22..things will begin to shine on you....this job was never a full time retire ment type money deal..we all agreed to the TOS meaning we can get kicked to da curb at any minute..yes it's totally not fair..
And I got a steak or a bonus offer of doing 15 rides for 190 dollars weekend only completed it and those they gave me 47 dollars out of 190?...but hey they stole my tips before too..it sucks dude

·
Premium Member
7,926 Posts
And I got a steak or a bonus offer of doing 15 rides for 190 dollars weekend only completed it and those they gave me 47 dollars out of 190?...but hey they stole my tips before too..it sucks dude
Check the wording..

Was it "bonus" or "Guarantee"?

Two completely different things.

Bonus = do 15 rides get $190 extra

Guarantee = Do 15 rides and we'll guarantee you make $190.

$47 stinks to high heaven of a guarantee to me.

Reactions: Boca Ratman

·
Premium Member
16,459 Posts
Just spent literally 4 hours in their evil "message support" system attempting to obtain a $15 streak bonus owed to me that was not given. The message support system for drivers is designed to not give drivers anything. The staff are handling multiple queues at the same time, so I waited 8-10 minutes between responses. During this time, they hand you off from one staff member to another hoping that you go away, all the while cutting and pasting irrelevant policies about streaks that don't pertain to your actual question or circumstances, and they don't even bother to look at your trip details to see if you are right. Staff are not authorized to give any credits to drivers, and their English is uninteligible.

I asked for a supervisor six times, and two hours later finally got one. She quoted the same nonsense about Lyft policies, and when I finally asked for a manager multiple times, she finally gave me $15 as a "courtesy" for Lyft's mistake. Putting drivers through this miserable experience is one way they cheat drivers out of their streak bonuses. I was determined because this was not the first time they cheated me this week, but most drivers would give up.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
I got a few of the streak bonuses. Some we're easy to complete and some we're probably not worth it. They paid me fine though.

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
These ****ing crooks just used a long trip ping to get me to break a streak, then, after I started a new streak, sent the same long trip request back to me and I had to again decline it and broke the new streak. The pax texted me - "are you going to be able to take me to the airport? You just declined me."
How'd they text you if you declined the trip?

·
Premium Member
1964 Studebaker Commander
2,556 Posts
How'd they text you if you declined the trip?
They texted me the second time Lyft sent their trip to me. I heard the "we added a trip to your queue" noise, but couldn't look at the screen right away. Then I looked, saw their was a message from pax, and opened it, and realized it was the same pax as before.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
You got to milk them when they offer guarantees like that. All short trips, no 45+. Make the smallest amount you can for those 15 trips and let them pay the rest. Cancel anything over 10 miles. In my market it's $3.75 minimum. So I'd try for 15 trips under $60 and collect the rest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts