Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
Lyft => Accept Ride => turn on last ride. = No more stacked pings or swapped rides.

At least that is how it used to work before I quit driving Lyft. Almost started to try and get reactivated and thought better of it and never contacted them.

Reactions: Ted Fink

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
393 Posts
Lyft => Accept Ride => turn on last ride. = No more stacked pings or swapped rides.

At least that is how it used to work before I quit driving Lyft. Almost started to try and get reactivated and thought better of it and never contacted them.
Smart choice. Such a shitty company, even compared to Uber. I stopped driving for them shortly after starting this gig. Not sure if going offline/turning on last ride screws up a streak bonus or not on Lyft, but if so then that's even shittier because their streaks are about the only thing they have going for them (at least in my market).

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
Smart choice. Such a shitty company, even compared to Uber. I stopped driving for them shortly after starting this gig. Not sure if going offline/turning on last ride screws up a streak bonus or not on Lyft, but if so then that's even shittier because their streaks are about the only thing they have going for them (at least in my market).
I don't know about streaks, I have never seen any streaks of promos in my area from either Uber or Lyft. My local market has always been over saturated with drivers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
WTF

STOP ****ING CHANGING RIDERS ON ME.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DRIVE TO A LOCATION AND THEN CHANGE THE ****ING RIDER WITHOUT A NOTICE!!!!!

I ****ING DRIVE TO A LOCATION TO FIND OUT THAT APP CHANGED ON ME.

IM FOLLOWING WAZE AND WAZE DONT EVEN UPDATE WHEN THIS HAPPEN

WHY THE **** ARE YOU ****ING WITH MY TIME.

FIX THE ****ING SHIT!!!

EVEN UBER GOT RID OF THIS BULLSHIT WHERE THEY MATCH YOU WITH A BETTER RIDER.

IT DOESNT ****ING WORK!

CUSTOMERS DONT LIKE IT WHEN THE DRIVER CHANGE ON THEM!!!

IM TIRES OF THIS BULLSHIT
Lyft one day change me 3 times in the morning... I been driving like 4 mins for nothing.... Each ride is under 2 mins so they do not pay me.

How is this legal???

·
Premium Member
1953 Kaiser Dragon (LS swapped)
2,651 Posts
Nope, even with last ride on, they'll swap out rides. (at least for me)
Yup. And they give zero ****s if you're Platinum, and have accepted what was represented as a 10 minute trip going north - if they need to dump a 75 minute trip going south on someone, they'll dump it on you if you aren't protecting yourself with a filter.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
Nope, even with last ride on, they'll swap out rides. (at least for me)
I never experienced that, guess I got lucky.

·
Premium Member
5,790 Posts
Lyft one day change me 3 times in the morning... I been driving like 4 mins for nothing.... Each ride is under 2 mins so they do not pay me.

How is this legal???
If it ever tells you the ride is too short drive another 1/2 mile and then end the trip. They shouldnt have accepted it if it was too short to pay you. Better yet dont even run Lyft. They've always had those gps dropping issues. They can suck my butt..

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I only drive lyft when they have bonuses and always with my destination filter. I never stay long enough to earn rider data (directions, time etc...) Occasionally bonuses pop up because they are trying to get me back on the road. Also I won't do guarantee promo's cause the pigeon lock the system, you generally end up making the amount or over which is not bad but with no extra cash.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
This feature makes a lot of sense because it gives Lyft a flexible supply to meet changing demand.
That being said, I once hasda pax open the door and start to sit down as Lyft switched them to another driver before I could hit the Arrive button. No one was happy about that.

One thing I have noticed. If you have bluetooth on, your phone's external speaker will not alert you when it switches the pax. Whereas a ping will be audible in bluetooth speaker and the external speaker.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
If you ever receive "Passenger Cancelled" that's is what it is lol. Because they swap the ride for other closer driver but didn't find a replacement for you lol.

Don't let the system trick you
Ahhh... that explains it.

Did happen during a streak and I was miffed.

They matched me before the cutoff, arrived after cutoff, completed ride and still got bonus.

Still new to this and will take the small victory.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Can't say I blame him. He just got caught with his draws down.

At the very least chime the dam phone when you switch riders !!! Jes... The Silence of google maps changing is deffining and not good enough.

And isn't it against the law to change our contract mid stream and lose the Prime Time rate we would have received ? We should get the bonus on the trip as if it were the Prime Time rate.
I've had 2 different trips that came in with "$20 trip bonus" switched away from me. Do I really need to have a second phone recording my Lyft app continuously to prove this crap?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've had 2 different trips that came in with "$20 trip bonus" switched away from me. Do I really need to have a second phone recording my Lyft app continuously to prove this crap?
No need, all LYFT driver knows.

I think it bullshit and we should sue their ass lol

·
Premium Member
10,775 Posts
Ya they pulled that crap on me yesterday. I wasn't paying attention and it cost me 10 dead miles. It was a start of a Streak bonus 5 for 35 so it puts the driver in a hostiage position. The next trip was just a back pack going to the Valley, way west of LA. Some two and a half hr drive peak traffic. I usually / use to take those trips. Nope, not this time, canceled , put the back pack at the front door, ring door bell and left. By that time the 3 for 21 Streak was in play, so that worked out.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts