Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF

STOP ****ING CHANGING RIDERS ON ME.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DRIVE TO A LOCATION AND THEN CHANGE THE ****ING RIDER WITHOUT A NOTICE!!!!!

I ****ING DRIVE TO A LOCATION TO FIND OUT THAT APP CHANGED ON ME.

IM FOLLOWING WAZE AND WAZE DONT EVEN UPDATE WHEN THIS HAPPEN

WHY THE **** ARE YOU ****ING WITH MY TIME.

FIX THE ****ING SHIT!!!

EVEN UBER GOT RID OF THIS BULLSHIT WHERE THEY MATCH YOU WITH A BETTER RIDER.

IT DOESNT ****ING WORK!

CUSTOMERS DONT LIKE IT WHEN THE DRIVER CHANGE ON THEM!!!

IM TIRES OF THIS BULLSHIT

·
Premium Member
10,768 Posts
Can't say I blame him. He just got caught with his draws down.

At the very least chime the dam phone when you switch riders !!! Jes... The Silence of google maps changing is deffining and not good enough.

And isn't it against the law to change our contract mid stream and lose the Prime Time rate we would have received ? We should get the bonus on the trip as if it were the Prime Time rate.

Reactions: Luber4.9

·
Registered
775 Posts
WTF

STOP &%[email protected]!*ING CHANGING RIDERS ON ME.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DRIVE TO A LOCATION AND THEN CHANGE THE &%[email protected]!*ING RIDER WITHOUT A NOTICE!!!!!

I &%[email protected]!*ING DRIVE TO A LOCATION TO FIND OUT THAT APP CHANGED ON ME.

WHY THE &%[email protected]!* ARE YOU &%[email protected]!*ING WITH MY TIME.

FIX THE &%[email protected]!*ING SHIT!!!

IT DOESNT &%[email protected]!*ING WORK!

The second I get matched with a ride I select last ride so it can't do that.

Can't say I blame him. He just got caught with his draws down.

At the very least chime the dam phone when you switch riders !!! Jes... The Silence of google maps changing is deffining and not good enough.

And isn't it against the law to change our contract mid stream and lose the Prime Time rate we would have received ? We should get the bonus on the trip as if it were the Prime Time rate.
WTF

STOP &%[email protected]!*ING CHANGING RIDERS ON ME.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DRIVE TO A LOCATION AND THEN CHANGE THE &%[email protected]!*ING RIDER WITHOUT A NOTICE!!!!!

I &%[email protected]!*ING DRIVE TO A LOCATION TO FIND OUT THAT APP CHANGED ON ME.

WHY THE &%[email protected]!* ARE YOU &%[email protected]!*ING WITH MY TIME.

FIX THE &%[email protected]!*ING SHIT!!!

IT DOESNT &%[email protected]!*ING WORK!

My phone rings and waze changes destination. When I forget to select last ride.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
This explains the 5 minute cancellation window and why evil Lyft won't budge on reducing this. 5 minutes is waaaayyy too long! Evil "90% acceptance rate required" Lyft! Lyft must needs be destroyed!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to me. I was 1 block from my rider and decided to go to her anyway. I asked if she had cancelled and was told "no, the app reassigned me to this person".

I've been getting tons of cancellations after driving to customers.

I think it's best to drop lyft, they are a shit service. The extra money for minimum fair is worthless if they waste your time like that.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
OK, so this has transgressed a bit. Bringing it back into focus. . . I had a similar situation just this morning.

Accepted a ride at a corporate facility. Was pulling up to driveway when ride cancelled. Figured, WTF, and went up to where pas was supposed to be.
Pas approached my are and asked are you "<my name>", I answered yes, are you "<her name>"? she answered yes as she opened the door to get in.
I asked her if she cancelled the ride, because I didn't have it any more. She said no, and looked at her app again and it told her another driver was coming.

After she got out of my car, I waited a good 5 minutes for the other driver to arrive, WTF????

Emailed support and asked WTF????

Reply was that the system showed me as "Not Moving". Rep explained that if you don' t move 200 meters within 3 minutes after accepting a ride that you get kicked for another driver. They suggested a couple of ways of disconnecting/reconnecting to the server. Obviously this was a data error. Maybe this is what happened to you.

The simplest of the solutions, if you see this happen is to use Airplane Mode to disconnect/reconnect. Hopefully will resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
OK, so this has transgressed a bit. Bringing it back into focus. . . I had a similar situation just this morning.

Accepted a ride at a corporate facility. Was pulling up to driveway when ride cancelled. Figured, WTF, and went up to where pas was supposed to be.
Pas approached my are and asked are you "<my name>", I answered yes, are you "<her name>"? she answered yes as she opened the door to get in.
I asked her if she cancelled the ride, because I didn't have it any more. She said no, and looked at her app again and it told her another driver was coming.

After she got out of my car, I waited a good 5 minutes for the other driver to arrive, WTF????

Reply was that the system showed me as "Not Moving". Rep explained that if you don' t move 200 meters within 3 minutes after accepting a ride that you get kicked for another driver. They suggested a couple of ways of disconnecting/reconnecting to the server. Obviously this was a data error. Maybe this is what happened to you.

The simplest of the solutions, if you see this happen is to use Airplane Mode to disconnect/reconnect. Hopefully will resolve the issue.
200 meters in 3 min, huh !! Have to keep that in mind. How long is a stop light ? Seems that I am always at one and in the wrong lane when I get a ping. Had something similar to your experience happen this week.

This explains the 5 minute cancellation window and why evil Lyft won't budge on reducing this. 5 minutes is waaaayyy too long! Evil "90% acceptance rate required" Lyft! Lyft must needs be destroyed!!!!!!!
I agree !! I spend 30+ minutes per 7 hr day waiting for paxs to come to the car. I could complete 1 or 2 more trips, instead of waiting.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

Hmmm....have they heard of Sprint phones not always being able to do data and calls simultaneously?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
WTF

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DRIVE TO A LOCATION AND THEN CHANGE THE ****ING RIDER WITHOUT A NOTICE!!!!!

FIX THE ****ING SHIT!!!

IT DOESNT ****ING WORK!

I deleted the Lyft ap just for this reason. I waited 13 months til I got vaxed to get back on the road. My second ride was changed and as I had been assured 18 months ago that lyft would look into it, nothing has changed. Quite happy just doing UBER and staying plenty busy. Not sure if its just a flaw in the algorithm or just stupidity in the rational.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WTF

FIX THE ****ING SHIT!!!

IT DOESNT ****ING WORK!

I'm feeling your pain. What u hate is the fact that they change your ride and your in the far right lane in traffic ,you get a pax swap and they want you to make a left turn. Not to mention an extra 2 miles, and they take half. *****!(@Lyft) your not out here with us on this road, what entitles you to half? You wasn't with me shooting in the gym ho (@Lyft)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts