Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lyft ping to drive to Clearwater from DTSP. It was a 45 minute drive. Of course I cancelled it, I emailed Lyft basically saying wth and asking that it not be counted against my 100% acceptance rate. Has anyone else had luck getting then to correct something like this?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Just got my Lyft summary for Sunday. 10% acceptance rate. I only took one trip...others were so far away I just ignored them.

When at the airport I keep getting requests to downtown, Davis Island, Carrolwood etc.

I guess if they wish to fire me....I really won't miss the few bucks a week I make on Lyft.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got a lyft ping to drive to Clearwater from DTSP. It was a 45 minute drive. Of course I cancelled it, I emailed Lyft basically saying wth and asking that it not be counted against my 100% acceptance rate. Has anyone else had luck getting then to correct something like this?
I had an issue where same rider kept ping'n over and over... and got them to adjust the acceptance rate... HOWEVER, with their support, I adopted the procedure to accept the ride. Call the passenger, and tell them your 45 minutes away. Verify where they are going -- I realize this goes against everything people say about acceptable behavior, but this is specifically what LYFT told me to do! If it's not worth the fare for you to drive 45 minutes one way -- HAVE THE PASSENGER CANCEL... that way it doesn't affect your rating.

The rep that corrected this when it first happened to me... told me to email her if this happens again. I haven't had to contact her since adoption this procedure. ALso, I find most riders don't want to wait 45 minutes any more than you want to drive 45 minutes. I tell them to cancel and get a ride closer... They are HAPPY to comply... Truth is they probably won't be able to get anyone closer.. But most are willing to try! A lot will cancel on their own if they realize your 45 minues away... WAIT 5 minutes before leaving towards them... and their time goes up to 50 minutes... more will cancel... LOL.

Not one to encourage games here... but if lyft expects us to drive 45 miles (for me thats 3 gallons of gas one way with the a/c on full (107 degrees)) they are crazy... Not without knowing the size of the fare at the other end.
Here is one I just got moments ago... although I do like the new update showing the other drivers on the accept screen.. I'm not the only one avoiding long distance pickups.

lyft.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts