Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
We stand no chance against the Brazilians. Dangle a $20 bonus in front of their faces and they'll be out in swarms working 14hr shifts to win it.
We stand no chance against the Brazilians. Dangle a $20 bonus in front of their faces and they'll be out in swarms working 14hr shifts to win it.
Lol you tought you would win this by sitting at lot and eating burgers?
These ppl work hard, but i guess it bothers some of you

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
i'll do it as long as i can leave it off,LOL

i recently complained in a survey about the colors and glare in the windshield, it's a safety issue and possibly a violation.

two words: donkeys balls
And haven't some cities long ago seen officers fine or cite drivers for having the amp in their windshield?

Aglow or not, it's a nuisance and distraction. Likely no different than if a driver has a glowing pumpkin or a wreath in their windshield, or a stuffed animal.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
Love how companies say they dont contribute to traffic and then have every other car out there light up with their logo.

Great advertising to get your name out there but it also sends a very mixed message.

I never even ordered my amp and I'm certainly not going to do it now.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It’s actually not a distraction for the driver, not any glare off the windshield to speak of. If you want to do the Amp Race without having it on your dash, turn it on and put it in the glove box. Only app/amp paired rides will qualify and their software allows them to monitor when the Amp is off/on.

I think it’s a stupid incentive idea, btw. Hey Lyft, try this: pay drivers more!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I saw this and laughed because I don't have an AMP. I do maybe 10 Lyft rides a month. So chances are I never will. And if they give it one it is going right in the trash (or on eBay).

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'll do it as long as i can leave it off,LOL

i recently complained in a survey about the colors and glare in the windshield, it's a safety issue and possibly a violation.

two words: donkeys balls
Lol I just have to think there's more to it, I wonder what exactly is that amp tracking.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nothing, absolutely nothing. The biggest tracking device is sitting in your hands as you read this message. The Lyft Amp is nothing more than a cop magnet and rolling advertisement for Lyft.
Well the new desperation for people to use it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's definitely more to it, just lately they seem very desperate for people to have that amp turned on.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Well the new desperation for people to use it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's definitely more to it, just lately they seem very desperate for people to have that amp turned on.
They probably exhausted their advertising funds wrapping green line trollies and putting little signs up on the trains.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts