Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They didn't mention when they will start !!! Any ideas ?!!

I have a dear friend in San Antonio waiting badly for that
I'm one of those people as well. I'm on the Uber platform and they turned in their proposal pretty late, so it didn't get voted on today. But if Lyft did, and the uber proposal is practically the same, it would just be a matter of time. Its not in Ubers best interest to just allow Lyft to operate, so they pretty much compromised. Now im just here refreshing the news feed for updates on WHEN exactly. I'm just happy Lyft got approved...if Uber doesn't make a move soon, I'll just sign up for Lyft. What a load off my mind

·
Registered
75 Posts
My friend is waitlisted because it seems like both Uber/Lyft don't process any new application at the meantime

But look at the attached picture and tell me what do you think ?!!!

There is a only lonely spot on the north west side of SA which I guess outside of the city limits if you point to it you see cars around all the time ... This is live pic took it right now while typing this ...

It seems like there is some business there ... Yes it's hard but maybe the only option for drivers to kill time and get some extra cash ... What do you think ?!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh definitely. Uber and Lyft operate outside San Antonio city limits. Windcrest, Leon Valley, Kirby, ect... but I wont lie. Business has been slow there (obviously because we're limited to those little areas) Maybe in an hour in those areas, might make you 12- 19 bucks. But its just not worth it to me to drive there to wait. I hypothesize that both companies will start at the start of September...but thats just me guessing because we're already half way through August. Still keeping an eye out for the news updates.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The company submitted earlier this week a slightly different propsal to the city. Rather than identify drivers in its app who have undergone the city’s fingerprint background check, which the city is willing to pay for, Uber wants to notify its users that its drivers don’t go through the city’s background check and solely uses its third-party system.

That likely wouldn’t pass muster with the council, however. Councilman Joe Krier, who was the sixth vote that enabled approval of the Lyft deal, expressed dismay at how Uber has handled itself in San Antonio and in Texas.

Krier said Uber’s approach has been offensive and that he doesn’t respond well to it. The councilman thanked Lyft for its willingness to work with the city to find a resolution.

If Uber ultimately decides to agree to the same methods that Lyft did, it could enter into its own nine-month pilot program without going before council. The council’s approval Thursday makes it possible for other TNCs, such as Uber, to operate here under their own pilot programs as long as their structures are materially similar to the Lyft operating agreement — without going back to the council for an individual vote.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts