Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd rather wait for a Lyft at the airport than Uber. Since it's mainly highway, you're looking at a whopping .20/mi.+ difference you make per ride because of PDB.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There's no geofence like Uber. So I'd say North Cell phone Lot, but if you're running Uber too, I'd say south cell phone lot for Delta terminal and the hotels next to Speedway for North. If you want a higher pickup chance, aim for North Terminal. If you want a better clientele, go for South.

·
Registered
154 Posts
At DTW I have both apps on and Uber wins every time! About 80 percent of the time the pick up is at the airport and not in Wayne,Wasteland or Taylor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Again, I'd rather wait for a Lyft ride at the airport than settle for an Uber. I have Lyft's Power Driver Bonus, so I make 20% more on an airport run than settling for Goober runs that are about .62 a mile after their fee. Which sounds better to you? Earning .62 a mile or .82?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Again, I'd rather wait for a Lyft ride at the airport than settle for an Uber. I have Lyft's Power Driver Bonus, so I make 20% more on an airport run than settling for Goober runs that are about .62 a mile after their fee. Which sounds better to you? Earning .62 a mile or .82?
Your making less per hour with Lyft. You have to wait for a ride is the key. You can do 5 ubers to 1 lyft, and thats on a good day for Lyft!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, if you believe Lyft volume is lower and that you make more per mile on Uber than Lyft...then I'm not going to talk anymore.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just stating facts. Been driving for both for over a year and just recently stopped Lyft. They kept giving me requests 30-40 away and I said no!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Also, if you get the Lyft guarantees , it would make driving to the airport under the guarantees that much better.

Personally, I don't drive the airport. I only do drop offs, but anytime I've don't it on Lyft, i've never made it to I 94 without getting another lyft a request with someone leaving the airport

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
I was at the airport today. I turned on both Uber and Lyft. Received a Lyft request 25 minutes away in downtown Detroit. Went to the South lot to try Uber. Got a non airport ping.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I personally don't go to the airport either unless I get taken there since the guarantees were too good and my house was a guaranteed area to get one ride per hour.

UofMDriver accept the ride anyway and ask them to cancel unless you don't have the PDB. They will look at where you are and cancel on their own in a few minutes.

ODie, what year is your car? Again, unless you have a newer car that qualifies for PDB, then Lyft and Uber are basically the same in rates.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Lyft allows surge which is cool. But Lyft and Uber are the same prices for drivers, both .7o per mile. No airport fee for Lyft passengers. I used to give my Lyft promo code to uber passengers and I always promoted that Lyft was cheaper for them. Can't believe Lyft hasn't raised their prices since uber did from .30.
Do they get Lyft guarantees? Seems like that would make driving Lyft airport worth it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts