Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to do a pickup at MIA. Of course because of proximity you have to get close to the terminals. I'm parked in the tall vehicle parking where Door 1 of Arrivals is in eyeshot (about 20 yards). There is 2 hours of free parking. This is my first time trying this. Anybody know of any pitfalls with trying to do this???

· Premium Member
11,540 Posts
IDK I am not convinced now that all the dingbats I see parking at the FLL loop are Lyft drivers, as I saw a bunch of 2 door cars waiting there this afternoon.

· Premium Member
11,540 Posts
So that experiment was a bust. And I paid $6 for parking. 2 hrs free is for disabled persons. So I gotta do Uber if I want to do airport pickups. I really don't want to give Uber any biz right now.
LOL no guts no glory I respect ya for trying, I sure have waste many nights or days trying something new myself

· Premium Member
11,658 Posts
Anybody know of any pitfalls with trying to do this???
Yes. The pitfall is you could get ticketed. Miami-Dade is pretty low profile on enforcement at MIA, but I saw somebody getting ticketed for waiting in the arrivals area last week. I'm sure it was a Lyft driver.

Lyft is essentially non-existent at MIA. I usually turn Lyft on when I drop off at MIA and drive through the rest of the terminal. Once in a while, I get a ping, but if not I move on and look at the Uber queue. Most of the time I just go somewhere more productive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.