Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I turned it on and immediately got a ping. I think Lyft throttles pings to those trying to complete their promotions/quests. To keep many on the road while hooking others by giving them their first ride. That’s what I’ve always thought

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would not doubt it. I was downtown Durham earlier for an hour and got nothing. Usually after work I get a request before I even leave the parking garage

So I've went from Durham to RDU with no requests. Got 1 at RDU to downtown Raleigh, came back to RDU and 0 requests.

Yesterday at 5:15 pm I went from RDU to Raleigh on 540 and almost had no slowdown. Traffic is a lot lighter, but had 6-7 back to back trips in Raleigh in a couple hours.

I bet with the state of emergency people will be staying home more and traveling less.

I turned it on and immediately got a ping. I think Lyft throttles pings to those trying to complete their promotions/quests. To keep many on the road while hooking others by giving them their first ride. That's what I've always thought
I am also on a $320 quest so they definitely aren't sending extras my way.

·
Premium Member
10,692 Posts
It's worse than that. I have the 5 for $25 steaks in the afternoon. last week I lost one because they switched my first ride so it was given to me after the deadline. I fought and got paid for that one. Next day I had a 5th call, completed it, and didn't get the bonus. Messages back and forth and they claimed I got a call 1 minute before and didn't accept it. That didn't happen but they wouldn't budge. Monday I do two points then the app looks me out. Today I start at 4, it takes me 2 hours to get 4 pings. Sit at home till 7 and get another. On the way they take the trip away from me. I get another ping, complete and no bonus. They claim I was behind on the eta, gave it to a closer driver and I lose the bonus. I could not have been more than 2 minutes off.

So, how am I going to get the $50 they owe me? Slowly. I got $3.20 today starting and stopping a trip while I was driving and I'm going to have to start shuffling. I'll be danced if they are going to rip me off. Happy to ruin their business some more.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I got the 5 for $25 streak incentive this week too. The first incentive from Lyft in months. Question ... do trips completed while using the DF count toward the streak?
Yes, they do. That's how I've been doing mine. Towards work, it's a 30 minute drive. It usually takes both of my destination filters.
It's worse than that. I have the 5 for $25 steaks in the afternoon. last week I lost one because they switched my first ride so it was given to me after the deadline. I fought and got paid for that one. Next day I had a 5th call, completed it, and didn't get the bonus. Messages back and forth and they claimed I got a call 1 minute before and didn't accept it. That didn't happen but they wouldn't budge. Monday I do two points then the app looks me out. Today I start at 4, it takes me 2 hours to get 4 pings. Sit at home till 7 and get another. On the way they take the trip away from me. I get another ping, complete and no bonus. They claim I was behind on the eta, gave it to a closer driver and I lose the bonus. I could not have been more than 2 minutes off.

So, how am I going to get the $50 they owe me? Slowly. I got $3.20 today starting and stopping a trip while I was driving and I'm going to have to start shuffling. I'll be danced if they are going to rip me off. Happy to ruin their business some more.
Man, it sounds like Gryft has burned you with those streaks. That's crap, especially when it's the app screwing you over. Even a wrong turn towards the rider will cause the system to rematch you with someone closer. Which is garbage because it resets the promotion and counts it as a "cancellation." I had that happen to me the other day while on my way to pick up a pax.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts

I use Lyft to work and from work. I WILL NOT accept ride requests any other time at 50 percent of what we got last year. All you have to do is STOP DRIVING!!! Give up that SCAB mentality!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.