Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Purple Organism Violet Font
Map Rectangle Slope Font Line

I noticed that Lyft App brings up a screen (while ending a ride) and shows total earnings before tip.
It is very easy and natural to assume that the amount shown is your earnings. But apparently not.
It includes Lyft earnings as well as any Tolls paid. Think it is a very deceptive practice.
They should only show the actual Driver earnings on that ride. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
Attached is a screenshot of a ride from last night. This A-hole Pax put his destination address as his pickup address. Then he called and told me that i am going away from him. I told him why and then he blames that the App screwed up. I would have canceled and moved on if not for my desperation to earn the joining bonus.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
It's not even Lyft charges. Lyft went to "up-front billing" at least 9 months ago. Since then, the customer or driver has no idea what basis the customer is being billed upon. We just know how we're being paid. But they still show us this made-up number. You still have to go to the billing screen and manually add up each ride's fair+tip to see what you really made.

Lyft shows gross charges just about everywhere until it's time to pay you. Then they find the net!
It's not actual charges anymore. Not since 2016. Maybe it's still "real" charges in other markets, but not Chicago.

View attachment 151389 View attachment 151390

I noticed that Lyft App brings up a screen (while ending a ride) and shows total earnings before tip.
It is very easy and natural to assume that the amount shown is your earnings. But apparently not.
It includes Lyft earnings as well as any Tolls paid. Think it is a very deceptive practice.
They should only show the actual Driver earnings on that ride. Please let me know if I'm missing something.
Attached is a screenshot of a ride from last night. This A-hole Pax put his destination address as his pickup address. Then he called and told me that i am going away from him. I told him why and then he blames that the App screwed up. I would have canceled and moved on if not for my desperation to earn the joining bonus.
After seeing that route .... couldn't that fool just have walked? I'm pretty sure a Chicago Cub could hit a baseball that far.

·
Registered
906 Posts
View attachment 151389 View attachment 151390

Click on your head up in the left hand corner
Click on Dashboard
Click on the 3 lines up in left hand corner
Click on Driving History
Click on the correct date range

Go to the bottom of that page and click on right day. This will show your total take and take per ride.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Click on Dashboard
Click on Driving History

Go to the bottom of that page and click on right day. This will show your total take and take per ride.
click, click, click, click......dontcha just hate it! o_O I just wish they'd put it right up front what OUR PAY is! :mad:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not even Lyft charges. Lyft went to "up-front billing" at least 9 months ago. Since then, the customer or driver has no idea what basis the customer is being billed upon. We just know how we're being paid. But they still show us this made-up number. You still have to go to the billing screen and manually add up each ride's fair+tip to see what you really made.

It's not actual charges anymore. Not since 2016. Maybe it's still "real" charges in other markets, but not Chicago.

After seeing that route .... couldn't that fool just have walked? I'm pretty sure a Chicago Cub could hit a baseball that far.
LOL. Exactly. Very Fit guy too. And, no shopping bags.
Well, he must have realized he made a mistake by inputing the drop off address for both pick up and drop off - hence the desperate calls directing me to drive to him. Wont you expect the App to catch it? And, he too was blaming the App for his mistake.
I learnt that he is staying at the Hyatt Regency for a week. Hoped for atleast a $1 tip for going thru all that trouble. but nada.

Click on Dashboard
Click on Driving History

Yep. I see that. Thanks. While looking for it I caught some other issue. Couple rides show with date year in 1900! And, all my rides from yesterday doesn't show up as yet in this view.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Yeah. .07 miles?! He could have walked it in 17 minutes. The whole incorrectly placed pin, call to the driver, etc probably took longer than that! And around the Stephens Convention Center it is pretty walker friendly....correct? :confused:

Product Map Slope Font Rectangle

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just got approved for Lyft so is there anything I need to know about Lyft and they rental program? How is it different from Ubers and I heard I can't get express pay with Lyft if I go the rental route?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got approved for Lyft so is there anything I need to know about Lyft and they rental program? How is it different from Ubers and I heard I can't get express pay with Lyft if I go the rental route?
Congrats. From what I understand, if you go the rental route, they will first need to recover the rental payments (out of your earnings) first before you get paid. Otherwise, you can express pay yourself while Lyft is left holding the bag. But now that they opened a Hub in Chicago it might be worth it to make a trip to clarify everything.

Also, what joining Bonus did they sign you up with? You might want to focus on that first and get paid.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
It's not worth the rental route on any platform anymore with the weak surges. If you got a sedan that qualifies, roll with that until it don't.

·
Registered
631 Posts
$250 a week? My 2013 Jetta is $250 a MONTH. That's crazy. $250 over the summer is two-entire 8-hour days, not including gas.
Huh lol I made at least 100 a day on days I take multiple breaks. When I didn't take as many blunt breaks I made more. And it's not a 250 a week it's like 225-230. And those aren't payments they are holds. U get the money back in your account in like a week at most.

But I'm thinking about trying out hyrecar though. Does anybody else use hyrecar?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I really do not like that Lyft shows you the earnings from the tips so if the earnings at $23 you have to do math to figure out how much you actually earned.

$250 a week? My 2013 Jetta is $250 a MONTH. That's crazy. $250 over the summer is two-entire 8-hour days, not including gas.
You rent for that cheap?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
i agree with OP that it appears deceitful on Lyft's part. in the app, it says "your earning" except that it's not our actual earning. it's the fare that Lyft charges the rider! it's quite annoying to see that at the end of each ride, and you have to check the trip history to find out your actual earning from the ride!

i just dont like lyft app! difficut to use where all necessary information is put deep in the menu.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
i agree with OP that it appears deceitful on Lyft's part. in the app, it says "your earning" except that it's not our actual earning. it's the fare that Lyft charges the rider! it's quite annoying to see that at the end of each ride, and you have to check the trip history to find out your actual earning from the ride!

i just dont like lyft app! difficut to use where all necessary information is put deep in the menu.
Since "up front pricing", it's not even an accurate representation of what the rider is paying. I'm surprised nobody has sued yet for deceitful business practices.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Lyft's app is archaic. It underestimates the time to pickup every time. It does no navigation. You have to do math gymnastics to find out what your earnings for the day are and how that was calculated. The help is an absolute joke, especially as it pertains to specific rides.

Uber is lightyears ahead of Lyft in terms of the app.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Lyft's app is archaic. It underestimates the time to pickup every time. It does no navigation. You have to do math gymnastics to find out what your earnings for the day are and how that was calculated. The help is an absolute joke, especially as it pertains to specific rides.

Uber is lightyears ahead of Lyft in terms of the app.
I agree ... I have lost connection with the app with message to try different location ...but all my other gps apps are fine ...I missed a scheduled pick up because lyft app couldn't connect to the server for me to get the ping

I complained and they sent me a list of suggestions ..restart phone ..move to different location dont run two apps ect ....

·
Registered
689 Posts
I agree ... I have lost connection with the app with message to try different location ...but all my other gps apps are fine ...I missed a scheduled pick up because lyft app couldn't connect to the server for me to get the ping

I complained and they sent me a list of suggestions ..restart phone ..move to different location dont run two apps ect ....
Perfect example! I just lost contact with Lyft while sitting in an airport queue. Now I have gone from 4th position to the back of the line. It happens a lot. It's a good reason why 99% of my airport rides are Uber.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts