Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I didn't turn on at the airport until the surge was confirmed and not one ping and as soon as the surge was gone Lyft made it impossible for me to log out because it gave me three back to back pings and if you touch the screen to log out while it's giving you a ping it'll automatically accept the ping for you.

I don't know how lyft can possibly defend their not being any surge when the airport is so packed it takes 20 minutes to get to rideshare b.

Went to in and out then went home and took a nap because **** that I'm not driving LAX for base.

This post has been dictated using Siri which means I'm sure there are lots of mistakes

·
Registered
140 Posts
I didn't turn on at the airport until the surge was confirmed and not one ping and as soon as the surge was gone Lyft made it impossible for me to log out because it gave me three back to back pings and if you touch the screen to log out while it's giving you a ping it'll automatically accept the ping for you.

I don't know how lyft can possibly defend their not being any surge when the airport is so packed it takes 20 minutes to get to rideshare b.

Went to in and out then went home and took a nap because &%[email protected]!* that I'm not driving LAX for base.

This post has been dictated using Siri which means I'm sure there are lots of mistakes
Lax is a JOKE today!! NO ONE is getting surge rides w Lyft OR Uber. Uber surges. Everyone gets sent base fares and the surge goes away. I'm in pen and NO ONE's cars are moving, other than the Ants taking base.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Lyft is even more sinister at LAX than Uber. They put up the pink squares, even dark pink, but the rider app still showing base. It's not so much that the ants want to take base...it's that they spend so much time waiting for what you legitimately think is a PT ride and when reality hits, they just take it to justify all their time soent waiting. I think Lyft does it because it is impossible to check both the rider app and driver app at the same time with your regular account, and most ants don't know the workaround.

·
Premium Member
14,262 Posts
I got what I thought was a stacked base ping in HB and after I dropped off it turns out there was surge attached. (And a nice cash tip) Uber very buggy today, I'm getting screens I haven't seen in months again, with the old earnings screen pre 67cent style.

If wondering why take a base ping 20 min out, it was stacked and I figured maybe a chance of getting an easy cancel fee if they get impatient as I finish the previous trip. It worked once today.

·
Premium Member
23,321 Posts

Went to in and out then went home and took a nap because &%[email protected]!* that I'm not driving LAX for base.

There is tons of Surge...Lyft just looking for the Ants that will accept Base so Lyft can keep the Surge charges passenger is paying. ;)

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Ya kinda just revealed your hiding spot there.
Wasnt Jenny closed as of yesterday or something, and the legal alleys purged by cops last night???

Some hiding spot, everyone and their grandma there already

Btw got a Lyft 3x to Huntington...so sick and tired I just drove it straight for $90... paxhole said he paid $133

Whatevs, ants, enjoy. Im out. Need less surge to cherrypick properly

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
If Jenny was closed what did the ants do? Circle the hotels over and over? Is there even a route that doesn't slip outside the queue at some point?
Wow you MUST be new...

Lyft queue takes HOURS to enter these days, and is only relevant to Plus, Premier, and DF users....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.