Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I had a Lyft pax who I dropped off at her work at the Amazon Fullfillment Center located at 1910 E Central Ave, San Bernardino, CA 92401.

After dropping off my passenger I received a text warning me that I was on airport property. I wasn't. I was in the parking lot of Amazon dropping off my passenger.

In the text was a link which told me that I would receive only three such warnings before being deactivated. So now I have one strike against me for doing nothing wrong.

So be warned. Lyft has their head up their butt.

This may have been my final Lyft trip as I can't tolerate this level of stupidity from both Uber AND Lyft at the same time.

Screenshot_2016-06-25-13-46-13.png

·
Premium Member
5,594 Posts
This morning I had a Lyft pax who I dropped off at her work at the Amazon Fullfillment Center located at 1910 E Central Ave, San Bernardino, CA 92401.

After dropping off my passenger I received a text warning me that I was on airport property. I wasn't. I was in the parking lot of Amazon dropping off my passenger.

In the text was a link which told me that I would receive only three such warnings before being deactivated. So now I have one strike against me for doing nothing wrong.

So be warned. Lyft has their head up their butt.

This may have been my final Lyft trip as I can't tolerate this level of stupidity from both Uber AND Lyft at the same time.
I get the same warning everything I drop off at Palm Springs airport even though it's authorized .. I send them a text and they apologize but never correct the issue

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Maybe don't "submit" ratings until you get clear?

Not sure if they're concerned about entry or about just being online and looking for pings

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe don't "submit" ratings until you get clear?

Not sure if they're concerned about entry or about just being online and looking for pings
I actually got the text before submitting the rating.

The Amazon Fullfillment Center is right on the edge of the airport. As is Stater Bros and Mattel and a few other large companies as well as some residential areas

There are NO scheduled flights in or out of this airport and there is no public access to this airport. It's essentially a ghost town begging for clients. There has been FBI investigations and arrests over the scam that is this airport.

Amazon employs 1000 people at their Fullfillment Center there. I've picked up dozens of people from here on Uber. This was my first Lyft drop off there.

I'll contact Amazon's HR department tomorrow and let them know that it is illegal for Lyft to pick up or drop off their employees and advise them to use Uber in the future.

Here's a picture of the place...

Screenshot_2016-06-26-18-45-43-1.png

PS I checked the video and I received the text immediately after marking the trip completed. I can hear it come in on my phone.

This girl asked me to drop her off right inside the gate. I thought that to be a little odd as its probably a 75 yard walk to the building. Maybe she's had drivers tell her about this happening to them.

·
Premium Member
10,212 Posts
Maybe try and get Amazon's HR to contact Lyft about that. And if Lyft refuses to change there ways, Boycott on.

Is there a Geo fence around there ?

Reactions: sekani

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe try and get Amazon's HR to contact Lyft about that. And if Lyft refuses to change there ways, Boycott on.

Is there a Geo fence around there ?
I assume there is a geo-fence of some sort to trigger an instant text like that. It definitely needs to be reduced in size.

A lot of the IE's night-time ride-share business comes from the businesses located around the airport perimeter as they are operating 24-hours. They're all millennials who rely on ride-share to get to and from work.

These are Berdoo's largest employers, so getting calls to and from that area is unavoidable. Driving Lyft in Berdoo is just a fast track to deactivation.

Lyft responded to me an hour or so ago and said they'd escalate this to their "airport team" but didn't say anything about removing this violation from my record. So I'm 33% on the way to deactivation.

So much for the myth that Lyft cares more about their drivers than Uber. My Lyft app will never be turned on again in San Bernardino county until we can see the destination prior to accepting a ride like it was before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last week I had to drop off a pax in the Long Beach Airport and I was worried if was going to have any issues, navigating thru Lyft information it just directed me to check the rules of each airport I found an article from the LA Times that has a spread sheet but from last year, can someone tail me is it looks good to use as reference. http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-ride-share-airports-chart-20150721-htmlstory.html
Airport // Drop offs Allowed // Pickups Allowed
LAX // YES // YES
Burgank BH // YES // YES, but main terminal
John Wayne // YES // YES
Long Beach // YES // YES
Ontario // YES // NO, unless driver has a permit ??
San Diego // YES // YES

Are there any changes to this ?
please advise.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last week I had to drop off a pax in the Long Beach Airport and I was worried if was going to have any issues, navigating thru Lyft information it just directed me to check the rules of each airport I found an article from the LA Times that has a spread sheet but from last year, can someone tail me is it looks good to use as reference. http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-ride-share-airports-chart-20150721-htmlstory.html
Airport // Drop offs Allowed // Pickups Allowed
LAX // YES // YES
Burgank BH // YES // YES, but main terminal
John Wayne // YES // YES
Long Beach // YES // YES
Ontario // YES // NO, unless driver has a permit ??
San Diego // YES // YES

Are there any changes to this ?
please advise.
Here's the Lyft Airport Page:

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/213524598

And here is the Uber Airport page for IE partners:

http://inlandempire.ubermovement.com/airports/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts