Uber Drivers Forum banner

Lyft amp = more tips

1K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Athos 
#1 ·
Lyft here: Did you know that amp rides are correlated with more tips? Pair your amp now

Wow such forceful language. Ask nicely lyft and maybe I will lol and that's a big pile of Poo your spreading.

#10 ·
The Amp makes my job much, much easier, as I mainly drive late at night and have to deal with intoxicted folks,...when they call you asking where you are, I can respond, just look for the 4-way flashers with the purple light in the centre of the dash. I wouldn't use it if it did not make my life easier.

#26 ·
I for one like the AMP. When I run both apps I can have the Uber one in the foreground and when a request comes it it's easy to see for me to switch over to the Lyft app. Also makes pickups in the core easier. when you got a dozen people close to a curb all with phones in their hand looking all dazed they see the light and wave you down.

Not many negatives for me in this.

#30 · (Edited)
Far more than you realize !!!

So you run both Uber & Lyft at the same time. So you never Light the Amp up ? Too much work to off & on the amp.

The shit Uber riders report about drivers who drive Lyft is ridiculous.

Riders are so clueless regarding any of the rules, politics, legals etc pertaining ride share companies in Toronto.
Oh come on I hear the same shit about uber drivers and what's worse is that I see it. But out of curiosity what are they saying??
And so what. Both platform are comprised of people new to the city or even the country and don't know how to properly drive here. Hell they can't speak English. It's not lyft or Uber it's both. It's both companies wanting to collect as much data as they can. At least on Lyft I'm not hearing people with previous DUI getting activated but I am hearing they are on uber.

#31 ·
Oh come on I hear the same shit about uber drivers and what's worse is that I see it. But out of curiosity what are they saying??
And so what. Both platform are comprised of people new to the city or even the country and don't know how to properly drive here. Hell they can't speak English. It's not lyft or Uber it's both. It's both companies wanting to collect as much data as they can. At least on Lyft I'm not hearing people with previous DUI getting activated but I am hearing they are on uber.
If you have DUI they should cut up your license in front of you

#35 ·
I don't think anyone has mentioned this but I think a Lyft pax has more confidence when getting into the car. It's a strange car with a strange driver remember. I think it adds a bit of a professional look or, if that is too strong for some here, it gives a bit of confidence to the pax, especially young ladies at night.

#39 ·
Oh I'm sorry do you have access to lyfts user data? How do you know those new lyft users aren't new ride share users? I agree some are past uber users but it could also be that some are completely new. Actually I have had a few pax who were completely new to the whole ride share thing.

Let me ask you this. Clearly you don't want to support them so why bother driving for them. Especially now when so much of their incentives are gone.
Why do I have to do anything extra like being an ad board for them? Let the marketing team do their job. I signed up to drive in return for money. That's the agreement I signed into - and not to do marketing for them. Now if your ridesharing revenue went up due to the amp, good for you. Me? I am just doing fine without the amp - and even with very low acceptance rate. I hit 30% acceptance mid-week (not accepting Line and refusing long pick ups) and so far my target is on track. So you see I don't have to be their slave to earn decent money.

#40 ·
Why do I have to do anything extra like being an ad board for them?
You don't have to use it but it doesn't cost you anything and it gives you an official look so your passengers have a sense of comfort when they jump into your car.

I agree with what you say when it comes to other advertising. Why brand yourself? Are you so enamored of Caterpillar that you want to wear their hat? Remember that they abandoned Canada a few years ago. And what about beer? Why advertise Coors beer? Did you know that the owners are major contributors to the Libertarian disfunction in the US? Coors money goes to many socially destructive right wing think tanks.

If you need to express your identity in your clothes I think you would be better off with a character hat.

Hairstyle Hat Beard Sun hat Neck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.