Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lyft here: Did you know that amp rides are correlated with more tips? Pair your amp now

Wow such forceful language. Ask nicely lyft and maybe I will lol and that's a big pile of Poo your spreading.

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, they have msged me multiple times to come and pick one up. "You qualify for an amp, come to our office and pick up one up. Customers love it." I always respond saying, "Yes, I will. Only if you pay for gas."

I know; I know, they won't see the msg.
It doesn't increase tips but it does make the process of finding pax a bit easier. Why dont you get one next time your downtown?

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
It doesn't increase tips but it does make the process of finding pax a bit easier. Why dont you get one next time your downtown?
I don't want that pink ***** looking think in my car, and let alone for everyone to see it. I have no problem finding my pax, and if I can't see them, most likely they are still in their condo.

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
Lyft amp is for those drivers who get excited by comments and badges from riders lmao
The Amp makes my job much, much easier, as I mainly drive late at night and have to deal with intoxicted folks,...when they call you asking where you are, I can respond, just look for the 4-way flashers with the purple light in the centre of the dash. I wouldn't use it if it did not make my life easier.

·
Banned
17,425 Posts
If there is an actual correlation in increased tips with an amp, it's only because the pax feel sorry for the driver.
The tip correlation is probably so small as to be completely negligable, or rather correlating to the type of drive who would use the AMP, rather than the AMP itself. Correlation is not necessarily causation.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
The Amp makes my job much, much easier, as I mainly drive late at night and have to deal with intoxicted folks,...when they call you asking where you are, I can respond, just look for the 4-way flashers with the purple light in the centre of the dash. I wouldn't use it if it did not make my life easier.
Of course if there are more than 1 Lyft vehicle in the same vicinity for a different customer, there still might be some confusion as to which vehicle! LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Almost three years doing ride share and I never have issues finding pax or pax finding me. They have your pic, license, colour of car and make. How much more do I need to assist these cheapsakes for $6 ride. Lyft amp isn't mandatory anyways so thankfully it's not! That crap will never touch my car!

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Of course if there are more than 1 Lyft vehicle in the same vicinity for a different customer, there still might be some confusion as to which vehicle! LOL.
Ah but lyft has solved that problem. The front changes colour to the colour they assigned the pax in the app as you get within what 1km? So if there are more than one lyft car then they just need to find their colour on the amp of the car.

Almost three years doing ride share and I never have issues finding pax or pax finding me. They have your pic, license, colour of car and make. How much more do I need to assist these cheapsakes for $6 ride. Lyft amp isn't mandatory anyways so thankfully it's not! That crap will never touch my car!
So much anger in that reply and it's not crap. Your just grumpy

It's not just drunk people. It's regular people too. They see the amp and wave me down.

There is no nonsense of holding up traffic to find your pax or them finding you. They see you they wave they get in and off you go

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Ah but lyft has solved that problem. The front changes colour to the colour they assigned the pax in the app as you get within what 1km? So if there are more than one lyft car then they just need to find their colour on the amp of the car.

So much anger in that reply and it's not crap. Your just grumpy

It's not just drunk people. It's regular people too. They see the amp and wave me down.

There is no nonsense of holding up traffic to find your pax or them finding you. They see you they wave they get in and off you go
Amp won't stick to quack dashboard anyways so it isn't a choice

1 - 20 of 40 Posts