Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Keyword: "up to"

I found it funny when I clicked this ad. And I edited the web link, replaced 1500 to 150000. It made me feel good for a second.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Chicago ads say earn UP TO $35 per hour. When I click on the "Referrals" icon on my Lyft App (in off-line driver mode), it says, pass your personal code along to consumers and earn UP TO $20 per referral when they take their first ride. (You really get only $10.)

The only Lyft compensation related offer I can find that isn't an "UP TO" is the Driver Referral bonus. You earn either $150 or $0. (Chicago = $150 if your driver referral gives 60 rides in 30 days.)

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Yep that "up to" got them a lot of drivers,The funny thing is both Uber and lyft use that.Im still trying to tell the difference between them companies,since all the drivers defend lyft.But that another story.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Im still trying to tell the difference between them companies,since all the drivers defend lyft.
Uber = "everyone's personal driver"
Lyft = "your friend with a car"

It's somewhat like comparing Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks.
Uber is purely a utilitarian, Lyft offers a friendly experience.

·
Registered
143 Posts
or is it false advertising.
I have no idea yet, but want to believe...

View attachment 49365
Your icon pic answered the question for you. This question has been asked over and over for Lyft and Uber. Fope for $10-15 hr avg "before gas" and other deductions. Here in Charlotte during the past six weeks (im new also), six (6) rides for Lyft - one hundred seventy six (176) for Uber. Both apps on when no fare in car. I would say alot of areas work for less than min wage.

Best to plan on this as part time extra money which is what I do.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
if you drove every hour of a week (168) and earned minimum wage, you would be somewhere close to $1,500.

That should also be your calculation. Your revenue will be the number of hours you drive times minimum wage. Then subtract expenses.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I've done it in under 40 hours.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
We've discussed this before. Per mile is NOT the end all be all. Yes, Boston rates are ok (could be better). I never said one can do what I do in every Lyft market. OP asked if we thought the ad is fraudulent or accurate. I related my experience.

And driver's debate how popular Lyft is here. Personally, I think you're rewarded based on how good you are at this. I earn what I do because I don't expect rides to fall in my lap or cherry pick or play games or go crawling to uber just because there are no guarantees or bonuses.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
We've discussed this before. Per mile is NOT the end all be all. Yes, Boston rates are ok (could be better). I never said one can do what I do in every Lyft market. OP asked if we thought the ad is fraudulent or accurate. I related my experience.

And driver's debate how popular Lyft is here. Personally, I think you're rewarded based on how good you are at this. I earn what I do because I don't expect rides to fall in my lap or cherry pick or play games or go crawling to uber just because there are no guarantees or bonuses.
In certain market it possible,NY,Boston, LA,San Francisco.In some market uber might be you only option,you are right about not all market can do that.So we do agree on that depends on the market,I doubt you would do is good in a slower market.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts

BostonBarry, from what I've read in your posts over the last 8 months, you're responsible for adding quite a few new Lyft passengers in the Boston Market, and have been appropriately compensated via referral rewards, for doing so. If every driver did that to some degree, we'd have more rides than we could handle in our respective markets!

If that happens on a large enough scale, Lyft would raise rates and increase guarantee/bonus $$$ in those fast growing markets, wouldn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
BostonBarry, from what I've read in your posts over the last 8 months, you're responsible for adding quite a few new Lyft passengers in the Boston Market, and have been appropriately compensated via referral rewards, for doing so. If every driver did that to some degree, we'd have more rides than we could handle in our respective markets!

If that happens on a large enough scale, Lyft would raise rates and increase guarantee/bonus $$$ in those fast growing markets, wouldn't it?
I hand out all my Uber riders lyft referals

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
I hand out all my Uber riders lyft referals
That is very smart and wise of you, KMAnderson. I regularly pick up Lyft passengers who are taking their very first Lyft ride, courtesy of a Uber driver who gave them a Free Ride Credits card. It helps you, them, and the Lyft driver. Win-Win-Win all around! (My Lyft passenger referrals cards should be here tomorrow. Am eagerly looking forward to getting them out ASAP/AFAP.)

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
That is very smart and wise of you, KMAnderson. I regularly pick up Lyft passengers who are taking their very first Lyft ride, courtesy of a Uber driver who gave them a Free Ride Credits card. It helps you, them, and the Lyft driver. Win-Win-Win all around! (My Lyft passenger referrals cards should be here tomorrow. Am eagerly looking forward to getting them out ASAP/AFAP.)
It worth handing them out.And people though uber don't have a tipping option lol.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
When I was full time Lyft I would usually make around $1300 but that was before expenses . Probably closer to $900 after expenses , that was with a 20% commission but getting it all back via PDB

I think $1500 would be possible but you'd have to be in a strong market and work 60+ hrs a week

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm new in the north San Diego market. I've been at it 3 weeks and I do not think it's profitable at this point but will give it more time. Even if you get an airport run, getting fares back (40 miles) is pretty difficult. Many pings on Lyft are quite a distance it seems. Still playing around with it but plan to add Uber too. Also, hourly guarantees seem to be for areas more towards downtown.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts