Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
Many years ago the corporation I worked for was about to go live with a brand new customer support system. The Director of customer support quit just before we were going to go live, so I was tasked with the project of writing the script for the support reps who answered the phone to deal with irate customers.

I had no experience in this so we hired a consultant and I did a lot of research. The bottom line was that the goal was to simply placate the angry customer, identify and validate their feelings, and allow them to de stress. The first sentence in the customer service response was considered key:
-I’m sorry this happened. blah blah blah
-I’m sorry you feel this way. blah blah blah
-I can imagine how frustrated you are. Blah blah blah
-I want you to know we take your concerns very seriously. Blah blah blah
-we will investigate this and get back to you. Blah blah blah

Now they just use bots for that!:LOL:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well, this is the secret . Those over sea support are working for both Uber and Lyft. Two of them told me that. They do really work on Uber since they have to talk over the phone .but for Lyft they just open the case then leave . But they still get paid for open the case and replied messages. That's why they are no resolutions you can expect from Lyft that often. It is better off to go dashboard then go to help section . Then request support from that route.
Someone replies with you on emails . Instead of chat style support on a Lyft app.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you're asking then to generate rides for you, did you expect lyft to dispatch an army of riders?
No, I just expect them to distribute the rides evenly. When I am sitting idle and a driver two miles north of me gets a request to pickup two miles south of me that’s wrong. When another driver is stacked for two hours while I sit idle that’s really wrong.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
No, I just expect them to distribute the rides evenly. When I am sitting idle and a driver two miles north of me gets a request to pickup two miles south of me that’s wrong. When another driver is stacked for two hours while I sit idle that’s really wrong.
Rectangle Font Art Circle Magenta

Know your adversary; in this case Lyft support. Lyft support is good for things like claiming puke fees, sorting out problems with documents, claiming unpaid cancellation fees. Simple things. These things are within your enemy's control and there is a chance you can defeat him and get what you want.

However, what you are asking for here - changes to Lyft's ride allocation algorithm to include fairness - are way, way outside Lyft support's remit. There's no way you're going to make any headway on such a thing in a month of Sundays and you're just wasting your efforts.

·
Registered
761 Posts
View attachment 657851

Know your adversary; in this case Lyft support. Lyft support is good for things like claiming puke fees, sorting out problems with documents, claiming unpaid cancellation fees. Simple things. These things are within your enemy's control and there is a chance you can defeat him and get what you want.

However, what you are asking for here - changes to Lyft's ride allocation algorithm to include fairness - are way, way outside Lyft support's remit. There's no way you're going to make any headway on such a thing in a month of Sundays and you're just wasting your efforts.
It seems to me Uber and Lyft uses one undercontracted company who can control those AI algorithms & Manually by setting trip request parameters on ones account to enhance thier revenues and trip requests acceptance rate for drivers .

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Whenever the day is a little too quiet -- the first thing I do is uninstall the Lyft app, wait 5- 10 minutes and reinstall.. While I am waiting I move the car to an area that is always busy but not saturated with drivers.. If that does not work -- I go home and wait for another day..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts