Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a passenger at the train station for a ride to the airport 69 minutes.
The Lyft price was 81 dollars vs 240 for Uber.
A cabbie tried to steal the ride for 140 dollars.
As the Lyft driver I got 59 dollars plus a 20 dollar bill tip.
I could not believe how high Uber was.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I don't do Lyft unless it's super slow
Everyone has to make there own decisions everyday.
Sometimes these decisions could be hour to hour based on dozens of variables.
It can be noted that sometimes profit is reduced in favor of piece of mind.
The gig economy 09/15/2021 is what I call the wild wild west.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But with uber the algorithm may have given you an xtra $75 for same distance. . Just u never know anymore
I believe you !
Why they hide these extra payouts is beyond me.
Uber always has extra drama !!
Even if I make less at Lyft I am drama free.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
In this case the rider told me.
The reason Uber is more is because a car will actually come to pick them up. Lyft is crazy and sometimes it will either switch drivers alot, or nobody ever comes. The reason is people choose priority and the whole thing is a mess. I do like Lyft, but some of their policies seem to help rich people. I guess so, but maybe not because it's only $1, or more.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Uber always has extra drama !!
Even if I make less at Lyft I am drama free.
I don't get it - in this case pax paid less because you were available on Lyft, otherwise he would've payed you more on Uber. So same pax - what "extra drama" would he bring on a different platform?

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason Uber is more is because a car will actually come to pick them up. Lyft is crazy and sometimes it will either switch drivers alot, or nobody ever comes. The reason is people choose priority and the whole thing is a mess. I do like Lyft, but some of their policies seem to help rich people. I guess so, but maybe not because it's only $1, or more.
Seriously it all depends where and when you drive.
I think the algas for both U/L change with every state, city, county, day and time.
I will even go a step further and say the algas change from driver to driver.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't get it - in this case pax paid less because you were available on Lyft, otherwise he would've payed you more on Uber. So same pax - what "extra drama" would he bring on a different platform?
It really goes much deeper then that.
There are a ton of variables that go into my decision to drive for Lyft.
Now mind you these variables sway the balance toward Lyft for ME not anyone else.
I understand and respect your choice to drive for Uber because those same variables favor Uber for you.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Now mind you these variables sway the balance toward Lyft for ME not anyone else.
I understand and respect your choice to drive for Uber because those same variables favor Uber for you.
I can understand that, but I was wondering what those variables are in your case, if you're willing to share.

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can understand that, but I was wondering what those variables are in your case, if you're willing to share.
I am going to share a few big ones with you and this board.
Uber promised durring the 180 days of change that I ( gold drivers ) would receive a 70/30 split on all rides which they welched on with no explanation.
They ruined the surge multiplayers and replaced them with pitiful one time only rates.
The rating system is a total joke.
They stopped giving me a yearly bonus which amounted to $1000 dollars.
They insult my intelligence by replacing these things with weak lame attempts to win my favor with ridiculous streaks and quests.
I could go on but I think you get the picture.

·
Premium Member
10,885 Posts
In my area uber has been king since it came out. Lyft you may wait 10.min and guy cancels.
Fact we earn more on uber. Fact uber does share sometimes its rear end surge at end of the ride

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In my area uber has been king since it came out. Lyft you may wait 10.min and guy cancels.
Fact we earn more on uber. Fact uber does share sometimes its rear end surge at end of the ride
Hey you know your area well and that is key.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
True..lyft priority service will pull switchero & punt regular service or wait/save pax to the curb where they wait

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why the need to choose? Just drive for both. In my area every driver drives for both services at the same time. Whichever they feel they can make the most money on at any given time is the one they accept. There's no reason for loyalty, no need for obligation or urge for any commitment. I've read several comments referring to the gig economy as the wild wild west, yes it is, if most users would start treating it as such these predatory companies would have no choice but to make their offerings more lucrative.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts