Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this the wrong forum earlier...

Hey. I'm new here and I kinda need some advice. I was renting with tower auto mall for about a year until I got tired of their policy with cashing out with uber. I went to Luxor to get my own vehicle and they offered to have plates and insurance put on the car for me. After dropping the down payment and being told I'd have to wait 3 weeks at most for my car I left.
It's now the third week and I'm getting no confirmation on whether or not my car is ready. I searched how long the TLC inspection process takes and I'm seeing it's only about a week. And im having the hardest time getting the sales rep on the phone. Should I be worried? Has anyone else had issues with this dealership?

·
Premium Member
9,282 Posts

Hey. I'm new here and I kinda need some advice. I was renting with tower auto mall for about a year until I got tired of their policy with cashing out with uber. I went to Luxor to get my own vehicle and they offered to have plates and insurance put on the car for me. After dropping the down payment and being told I'd have to wait 3 weeks at most for my car I left.
It's now the third week and I'm getting no confirmation on whether or not my car is ready. I searched how long the TLC inspection process takes and I'm seeing it's only about a week. And im having the hardest time getting the sales rep on the phone. Should I be worried? Has anyone else had issues with this dealership?
Why not pay them a visit?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts

Bad news is you still won't be able to cash out daily with Uber cause of some sort of contract they have with the leasing companies,read your contract, the leasing company gets paid first, any crumbs left will be deposited to your account at the end of the week, unless they changed it, but why would they not want to secure their money first?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Run as fast as you can from these shady dirtbags. A quick search on google would've shown you that before you were duped with these dirtbags. Their reviews are horrific. Good luck.

Word of advice. Try and kill that deal as fast as you can or wait four months for an answer.

·
Premium Member
10,690 Posts
So even the cap is in effect shady business like tower and luxor can sell car with tlc plate on it?
I think it's lease to own scheme. Plates are registered under the luxor name. The OP will pay twice of price what the actual car is worth. At the end of the lease the op would get the car but not plates.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Luxor just send me a text:

LUXOR>ZERO DOWN PAYMENT finance, your own TLC car pay monthly &Save, don't have TLC plate!! No problem we do have plate for $110/w call LUXOR: 888-514-0505

Do I dare ask if this is valid??? Have you gotten your vehicle?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Bad news is you still won't be able to cash out daily with Uber cause of some sort of contract they have with the leasing companies,read your contract, the leasing company gets paid first, any crumbs left will be deposited to your account at the end of the week, unless they changed it, but why would they not want to secure their money first?
:cautious:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.