Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone at uber has turned the switched on the surges switch !

But ... Don't get him wrong ... It's like a role call ... Some drivers are gonna bank 300 bucks today and tell their friends who are gonna be wowed and join uber and then we go back to no surge desert for another 3 weeks

So basically today's surges is a job fair for uber ... Hungry Travis wants to munch more money more drivers

" all we are is just a .. Brick in the a wall"

You all know that song

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Yes, uber is playing again today. I was watching the beach areas (Manhattan thru Redondo) and saw it surge like crazy for an hour for X and Select. At the same time, I saw no cars disappearing, but saw the Beach 300 race going. Selects and X's were headed to the beach. Still 1 or 2 X cars would disappear, and that was it. Beaches were saturated with cars. Surge died. Typical Uber gaming strategy to play the newbs.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Just saw a text from Uber to log on in Westside and Downtown. Ironically, the only X surge was in Westwood, BH and Weho.

·
Registered
182 Posts
it has had small surges 1.2 /1.4/1.5 etc off and on all day in pasadena..
I got a couple of them but then got a trip to seal beach (that was not a surge) that took me out of the area .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wondering if drivers are quitting faster than Uber can recruit them. It's happened before.
I think Uber's marketing is just too luring for new drivers can earn 200 to 500 a day. Who wouldn't want to sign up for that? Then the reality sinks of low hourly wages in an overly saturated market... that is if the drivers can do some simple math. I am sticking with it for now because I am in between jobs and like the flexibility and friendly passengers and I gotta pay the bills somehow. I would be willing to guess the churn rate for drivers lasting more than 100 rides is huge. Hopefully, it balances itself out. Capitalism needs to have at least some social responsibility. I can see a class action lawsuit against Uber for not giving a shit about there drivers and false advertising unattainable earnings. My 2 cents... bring up the standard rates to something reasonable for the drivers - add a tipping options - limit surge pricing to 2x or less. That would be a good start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts