Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
could anyone tell me if an uberX in London can fit luggages? I am the only passenger and I'll be carrying my backpack and handbag one large suitcase, one cabin bag and a bag with random stuff.

·
Registered
661 Posts
One large suitcase and three hand luggage, why would you need an estate car.

Can get this in the boot of a nissan micra
I counted 5 pieces and the fact he said he was the only pax indicates that he thinks some luggage may have to go on a seat and he is basically asking if that would be ok

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I counted 5 pieces and the fact he said he was the only pax indicates that he thinks some luggage may have to go on a seat and he is basically asking if that would be ok
I didn't count a handbag (presume that's not going in the boot).

I'm sure he is raising his eyebrows at this forum and getting a black cab lol.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Hi,
could anyone tell me if an uberX in London can fit luggages? I am the only passenger and I'll be carrying my backpack and handbag one large suitcase, one cabin bag and a bag with random stuff.
Call a mini cab ask estate job I sent you number on pm

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
In the USA Uber has the odd policy of allowing drivers to drive any size car as UberX provided it has four doors and five seatbelts. So you may get Honda Accord or Honda Fit as your ride. So what the rider needs to do, withing a minute after Uber assigns a driver, in addition to checking the driver's rating for a cancel, check the type of vehicle, if the assigned car is too small for your group, cancel that and subsequent rides until you get a driver with a standard size vehicle. I've carried four adult passengers and their travel luggage in my Nissan Altima, costs the pax no more than a ride in a mini vehicle.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
In the USA Uber has the odd policy of allowing drivers to drive any size car as UberX provided it has four doors and five seatbelts. So you may get Honda Accord or Honda Fit as your ride. So what the rider needs to do, withing a minute after Uber assigns a driver, in addition to checking the driver's rating for a cancel, check the type of vehicle, if the assigned car is too small for your group, cancel that and subsequent rides until you get a driver with a standard size vehicle. I've carried four adult passengers and their travel luggage in my Nissan Altima, costs the pax no more than a ride in a mini vehicle.
amazing
I would imagine if we have enough of those who spends £45k on an e class to do uber x jobs. in the US and A you order uber x you may get hummer H1

BTW the mini is actually a car adored by the Brits a lot
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
724 Posts
A few times in the beginning when I started. Some people moved homes in my car. No more!
On AddLee most of the Seven Seater work was Friday or Saturday nights.
During the week it was Students or Passengers wanting a cheap move.
"Hello driver put all your seats down please" - Nope Addison Lee do small vans, re-book.
I then pulled away and asked on the Radio for a cancellation.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Hand luggage depending on the size is illegal on any seat.
Look it up
No.

But feel free to post a link to this Law.

amazing
I would imagine if we have enough of those who spends £45k on an e class to do uber x jobs. in the US and A you order uber x you may get hummer H1

BTW the mini is actually a car adored by the Brits a lot View attachment 266379
Why would you spend £45k on an E Class.

Plenty available Brand New for £30k

If you go for an E200 you can find them for £28k

Glad I didnt look that up (still haven't) when a punter filled up my boot and rear seats from a Feltham hotel and I ran him to Derby.
Probably because its less than factual perhaps?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts