Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED Rates here.
_________

Uber has announced significantly lower rates for NYC-Suburbs than they had been charging and are currently charging for NYC. What worse, Uber may be taking a significantly larger cut, above the current 25%, out of what riders pay. The "Booking fee" effectively increases the Uber cut, especially for short trips. The only good news is a 25 cent per minute charge for wait time after 2 minutes and the minimum fare is $7. Rates in all of NYC-Suburbs including Rockland, Westchester and Long Island appear to be the same. Upstate-NY is all of NYS north of NYC-Suburbs.

IMPORTANT: Booking fare was increased July 8, 2017. Table updated July 10th
Rate is based on location of pickup-point, not your home city.

Updates: PREMIUM now in Westchester and Long Island, but not Rockland
Lyft has identical rates as Uber with the following exceptions:

• Driver keeps 100% of cancel fees.
  • Lyft pays return tolls (if you email support), but not CT-to-NYC surcharge
  • Lyft pays (and charges) slightly less in Jersey Shore then Uber
The Long Island forum is discussing this at
https://uberpeople.net/threads/lower-rates-for-nyc-suburbs.179236/

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Uber has announced significantly lower rates for NYC-Suburbs than they had been charging and are currently charging for NYC. What worse, Uber may be taking a significantly larger cut, above the current 25%, out of what riders pay. The "Booking fee" effectively increases the Uber cut, especially for short trips. The only good news is a 25 cent per minute charge for wait time after 2 minutes and the minimum fare is $7. Rates in all of NYC-Suburbs including Rockland, Westchester and Long Island appear to be the same.

Before Uber Cut (Uberx)

Base Fare $1.15
+Per Minute $0.25
+Per Mile $1.00
Booking Fee $1.80
Minimum Fare $7.00
Cancellation Fee $5.00
Lower rates and no surcharge to the city or airports. My aadvice-take the long way!

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
$7 min seems OK. When I drive in NJ min seems to be $3.71. I'll be driving Westchester later today. Just got the BMW back from the shop after the starter motor died. $550. OUCH!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be wrong but I think the min fare includes the 1.80 booking fee, that would mean you get 5.20 which after ubers cut should net you either 3,90 or 4.16 (depending on your commission rate).
Correct. In CT after the booking fee, the $5.80 minimum fare becomes $4. Uber usually takes a 25% cut. The driver gets $3. If the same is true in NYC-Suburbs then the driver will get $3.90 for a minimum fare.

For a 10-mile trip taking 20-minutes (ignoring base fare)
CT (10 miles * $1.1/mile) + (20 minutes * 0.16/minute) = $14.2 - 25% Uber Cut = $10.65
NYC-Suburbs (10 miles * $1/mile) + (20 minutes * 0.25/minute) = $15 - 25% Uber Cut = $11.25

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i dont remember about the other stuff, but min fare in suburbs is 3.50 to driver (uber takes 50% cut!) - crazy!

to view driver pay rates (not what pax pay) go to your partner dashboard, find the menu and click on "rates". uber recently changed their system - driver pay is no longer commission based

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
but for other reasons, locked. And it seems like the minimum is $3.66. Lower than NJ.

So far the ONLY thing on the plus side is that I am Uber Premier with rates doubled. Had a few premier rides to date and the moneys OK. Helps me pay for the $550 starter motor I just installed.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone else locked out of their account?
All those who picked-up in Westchester before June 29, but are not now authorized for NYC-Suburbs will get that message. See
https://uberpeople.net/threads/blocked-in-ny-state-by-uber.179827/
but for other reasons, locked. And it seems like the minimum is $3.66. Lower than NJ.
So far the ONLY thing on the plus side is that I am Uber Premier with rates doubled. Had a few premier rides to date and the moneys OK. Helps me pay for the $550 starter motor I just installed.
Where do you pickup with Uber Premier/Premium? I thought that NYC-Suburbs do not support Uber Premier/Premium.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you get a second car with personal plates and drive in NYC sub without giving up your tlc plates on your 1st car
Yes. After 2nd car is approved, you can toggle between them. Warning: Uber gets nasty if you do this and have the wrong car active in your account.

·
Registered
488 Posts
$7 min seems OK. When I drive in NJ min seems to be $3.71. I'll be driving Westchester later today. Just got the BMW back from the shop after the starter motor died. $550. OUCH!
BMW for Uber very expensive to fix try a Toyota1 like a 1989 is a good year for those rates now you have to work like a year to pay of that motor

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Maven works for Uber ! These rates suck if you accept these rates your a moron !
You silly :p If you bothered reading more of my posts then you would realize that I'm no friend of Uber, let alone an employee. What Uber does to its drivers sucks, but what gives you the right to call other people, who want to make an honest living, morons?

Update: At this point, I will take the advise that I give to others: The best way to deal with a Troll,
especially a boring, abusive one, such as mavrick, is to simply ignore it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts