Uber Drivers Forum banner

On a scale of 1 to 10 how likely is it that you would recommend this tool to UBER Partners

• One (Not At All Likely)

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six (Somewhat Likely)

• 10 (Extremely Likely)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Font Rectangle Electric blue Symbol Circle
Azure Font Electric blue Rectangle Gas
'New and improved' UberGLO. Helps passengers locate their Uber driver as well as facilitate faster pick-ups. Power source now has been directly connected to a car's power source, contrary to reliance on double AA batteries this requires a USB adapter, via an in-built transformer.

Price: 19.00
**Free Shipping** and C.O.D. available

Included: -UberGLO
-3.5m lighter socket power cord & non-battery type transformer

Size: 12cm (L) x 12cm (W) x 0.1cm (Thickness)= 4.7" x 4.7" x 0.04"
Color: white/blue/indigo blue (indigo blue is sold as optional extra)
Power: 1watt/pcs
Brightness: 80-100cd/m2 (high brightness of white on white off type)
Lifespan: around 8,000hours
Inverter type: 2pcs AA battery inverter
Function of the button: on/off/quick flash/slow flash (available only in white)
Working voltage: 80-220v
Working frequency: 800-2000Hz
Extending wire: 3.5m
Net weight of U panel: 10g/pcs
Net weight of 2AA battery inverter: 30g/pcs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Good News : Riders can easily locate your car..
The Bad News : Be prepared that your car gets vandalized by those who hates Uber..
Quite true Roccaforte so there's a push button for deactivating after passengers have boarded their driver's vehicle. Seeing that during evening hours it gets pretty dark before those nasty Uber HATERS begin throwing flammable objects. LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what for, cannot do street pick even rider flag down!
cannot do street pick cos riders were meant to be picked up from inside Uber APP instead from off the streets. First of all think of an average rider, does he or she know a difference between a Vios and Toyota Altis - common Singapore vehicles.

Furthermore your license plate can see from far during late evening? Cannot or tough to see la, this LED sign sure make you stand out from a sea of everyday small Japanese cars. Problem solved who knows driver rating kena 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

·
Registered
554 Posts
cannot do street pick cos riders were meant to be picked up from inside Uber APP instead from off the streets. First of all think of an average rider, does he or she know a difference between a Vios and Toyota Altis - common Singapore vehicles.

Furthermore your license plate can see from far during late evening? Cannot or tough to see la, this LED sign sure make you stand out from a sea of everyday small Japanese cars. Problem solved who knows driver rating kena 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.
If u put this , taxi sure will not give way to Uber car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IMHO there's no market for such; u don't see grab/uber drivers paste e decal given to them on the road secondly me as a driver wouldn't want to publicize myself to public I'm a uber /grab driver less confirmed passengers which they can easily recognize our cars by plate num and color/make.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMHO there's no market for such; u don't see grab/uber drivers paste e decal given to them on the road secondly me as a driver wouldn't want to publicize myself to public I'm a uber /grab driver less confirmed passengers which they can easily recognize our cars by plate num and color/make.
Color of the car to the best of my knowledge is not conveyed. Only if the driver subsequent to trip confirmation calls or via text informs rider of color of his Uber. Number plate especially at night or in crowded places can be daunting - gotta squint to check for 8 alphabaet numerical characters and then 2nd piece of data riders must rely on would be car make and model. Now for us guys sure we can tell a Vios from an Altis to and other Japanese makes.

But perhaps mature clients in their 50s and younger female won't be able to tell you which from which. Let's admit that they have to approach within 5 metres before they're really sure you are indeed their Uber trip.
This glowing sign will help your passengers identify you from far away. Will help earn you more positive feedback from your passengers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think u probably can advert to the public and target uber passengers rather than drivers. So passengers can paste this glowing sticker on their forehead or body than we drivers can identify them immediately and give them a horn for recognition.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think u probably can advert to the public and target uber passengers rather than drivers. So passengers can paste this glowing sticker on their forehead or body than we drivers can identify them immediately and give them a horn for recognition.
Sigh i feel your vibe of getting sick of passenger attitudes, they enter the car and we're like 2mins late they lecture us for an entire trip with empty threats and condescending remarks. Towards the end I lost drive (no pun intended) to continue. Driving in general took on a new definition since then.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Sigh i feel your vibe of getting sick of passenger attitudes, they enter the car and we're like 2mins late they lecture us for an entire trip with empty threats and condescending remarks. Towards the end I lost drive (no pun intended) to continue. Driving in general took on a new definition since then.
Next time do not start the trip as soon as the passengers come to your window or sitn your car. If they start complaining at that moment, tell them to get out of my personal/private car immediately. That way you kick them out and that won't be able to rate you. So screw them. Don't be a bloody doormat, because they'll give you a low rating anyways if they start complaining.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts