Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody notice how pax ratings are continuously declining? what is your minimum level of pax rating to ignore. I don't pick up anybody under 4.5

·
Registered
803 Posts
Pick up everyone mate. A job is a job. I never worried about a PAX rating, I never even knew where to look, not that I would care. In reverse if you had a 4.5 star rating would PAX not choose to take a ride with you?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Pick up everyone mate. A job is a job. I never worried about a PAX rating, I never even knew where to look, not that I would care. In reverse if you had a 4.5 star rating would PAX not choose to take a ride with you?
Agreed, I've picked up pax with 3 stars and they have all been ok

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a couple of lower ratings, one was a bunch of smelly kids of pot who all wanted water ( i dont offer ), the other was just a bogan who actually wasn't a bad guy but don't really wanna ride with him.

Tbh I'm in a position where I can pick and choose as I only do it part time and busy hours only so it works for me but those doing it full time well you obviously need every $$

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
Also if I see a ping below 4.0 I will accept it, then cancel it a few minutes later (pressing the do not charge rider option) just to drive the message home that they should have been more respectful to the Uber drivers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think the rating thing has been devalued. It obviously has no bearing on the rider. They do not get kicked off the platform and many get their ratings reset, so it's hard to know what it means. When you get to a low-rated person, though, and they are jerks - you do reflect back that your fellow drivers know what they are doing.

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
A low rated pax is a red flag as far as I'm concerned; I don't need scum spoiling my already stressful existence as an Uber driver. If I'm really desperate for a ping on a quiet day I might take a chance.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm with GG - Kia Ora bro - I just accept whatever ping comes in and I'm another one who has no idea where to see a passenger's rating - where do you find? Apart from that, I find it's often too dangerous to take your eyes off the road an read lots of info on the screen, better just to tap Navigate and follow her sometimes flawed instructions. I've also got to say, apart from one pissed and iced up young punk, who was easy to deal with, I haven't had and bad / nasty people, sure there's the odd one who obviously doesn't want to talk and spends her or her time looking at their phone, but you know with their first reply whether they feel like communicating or not. I think we all need to understand that everyone's different, it's still interesting, even when they don't want to talk - I always know it's not me creating the tense silence, so I have fun trying to work out / imagine what their issue is. I for one like hearing somebody's story and I like not knowing where on earth, Ill be next.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I take all pings and deal with it as it comes. If you have dealt with the general public in sales, business and their personal issues you know what to expect. Size them up within the first 30 seconds to see if they want to communicate or just sit there like a stunned mullet playing with their phone. Have mostly good chats with people from all walks of life. Weekly reports on my ratings average of 4.87 over past 9 weeks so pax feedback reflects on how I deal with them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My thoughts are if you as a driver need to check a passenger's rating before accepting the ride, you're not the right person for what is essentially a people business.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I wouldn't pick up anyone under 4.7.
Use to be 4.6 but to many s***c***s.
No longer drive for the this modern day slavery organization so happy , no more random people in my car.
Couldn't agree more. I wouldnt go under 4.6 during the day and never under 4.7 at night. I would do this work again if Uber supplied vehicle. Would never use my own investment again for ubers gain. Cheap rides for lazy fat scumbags! Lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
Driving for uber has reminded me how severely ****ed in the head people can be (some and especially most young people)

But overall I'm thankful I haven't been bashed or hurt/killed anyone.
Potentially could of done u guys a favour by ruining it for uber.

Be thankful I'm no longer driving :)

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
All these people saying ratings don't matter are new to uber.

People who are willing to bend over backwards for travis and his pax.

You'll soon find out enough.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi afrojoe824. Different country, different attitude. I am sure we don't face a lot of problems you encounter over there in the States.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts