Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why? Simple, I never lose.
  • arrive at pick-up and see destination.
  • if it's a worthwhile trip, pick-up pax.
  • if not, shuffle. Always pays at least $10+.
  • just the other night, sent on a 12 minute pick-up to strip joint. Trip is only 1.5 miles up the street. F that B馃挬. Hide around corner waiting for tmer to expire. BAM! $13 cancel fee as opposed to $3 for the actual ride.
Thank you! 馃挭馃槑馃挵
- For the exploitation that Lyft subjects me too, I will execute this strategy, each and every time!

Premium Member
I don't drive for Lyft. Does the app let you see destination after you arrive?

Premium Member
just the other night, sent on a 12 minute pick-up to strip joint.
For a while...I was accepting such pings (and no covering all but those 5 mins away) and was surprised by how many pax cancelled...apparently many dont want to wait 20+ mins a ride..

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For a while...I was accepting such pings (and no covering all but those 5 mins away) and was surprised by how many pax cancelled...apparently many dont want to wait 20+ mins a ride..
It's extremely rare that a Lyft paxhole cancels a long pick-up on me. They know Uber will levy a long pick-up surcharge. But what they don't know is how Lyft's anti-long p/u fee just fosters resentment for many drivers, like myself. Hence my "fight back" strategy. 馃憡馃槑

Premium Member
I guess this is good if I'm in the middle of nowhere and get a long pickup ping that will get me closer to town but otherwise it's no great shakes. You are driving for base rate which in my area is a losing proposition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts