Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they are back. CITATIONS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!
:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've driven out of love maybe 10-12 times...Literally I have had 1 good ride and that was to McKinney. Everything else has been to Uptown or near uptown. I even went last week and got a 1.7x surge and managed 9 dollars out of the deal. I don't drive out of love ever...the 10% of the time you get a good fare isn't worth the other times.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Neither airport is worth the hassle and wait time. Drop off then go find a fare and keep moving. Let the no tipping scumbags ride a stinky cab at 2.25 a mile.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've driven out of love maybe 10-12 times...Literally I have had 1 good ride and that was to McKinney. Everything else has been to Uptown or near uptown. I even went last week and got a 1.7x surge and managed 9 dollars out of the deal. I don't drive out of love ever...the 10% of the time you get a good fare isn't worth the other times.
This has certainly been the case recently for me as well. Thing is Love used to bring me much Love. Trips to Frisco, Irving, North Garland, Ft. Worth etc but now it's four blocks up Cedar Springs to the apt complex they parked their car at.

·
Registered
961 Posts
"now it's four blocks up Cedar Springs to the apt complex they parked their car at."

That or they park at a business down the street and brag to me about the free parking they scammed the airport on......that's a for sure no tip right there......screw love field. I was at DFW today and the terminal A infield parking was full of morons baking in the sun waiting for a fare. Fine by me cause you aint competing with me for pax elsewhere.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Having had those rides, I agree. However, I've also had some good rides to Ft. Worth from Love.
I've had one from DFW to Love (to the aviation business behind the terminal). What Love is really good for is getting me from FTW to Dallas sometimes. Nice that's it's farther away.

We are fortunate to have two airport in great locations, one in the middle of the metroplex and one in a large city. Some cities have airports that are miles away from population areas so driving Uber with low rates there would not be easy.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I've had one from DFW to Love (to the aviation business behind the terminal). What Love is really good for is getting me from FTW to Dallas sometimes. Nice that's it's farther away.

We are fortunate to have two airport in great locations, one in the middle of the metroplex and one in a large city. Some cities have airports that are miles away from population areas so driving Uber with low rates there would not be easy.
Wrong! Denver is way out there and rides can vary from $25 to $75 bucks easily, even longer trips to Boulder and the foothills can net $100 bucks and more. Farther from city the better! Denver led many cities in per hour earnings, in a recent study. With those Pot shops, tourists are coming and going by the thousands.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Wrong! Denver is way out there and rides can vary from $25 to $75 bucks easily, even longer trips to Boulder and the foothills can net $100 bucks and more. Farther from city the better!
True. Denver was the one I had in mind. I was just thinking in terms of dead miles. With a dropoff and pickup it would be money in the bank for sure!

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
It's bad, but it depends on your alternatives. McDonald's ? Walmart ? 7-11 ? In that context Uber is good. It's all set up to screw the driver, I finally see it. The worse part is you have no life, no time to enjoy anything but driving.
I like lyft and amazon better then uber,unless with lyft you have chance to keep 100 percent of your earnings.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Very true. Dead mile back with time kills any true earning potential.
That's correct about all the lost time driving back. Can you imagine getting a ride to say, Waco? That's about North of an hour and 45 minutes out of your day to dead head back to Dallas.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts