Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a couple drunk guys from the bar. As we waited in the drive thru line (my favorite - NOT) they start arguing. Over the next 10 minutes it escalated, and I seriously thought they were going to fistfight in my back seat (HEY!! No blood on my seats, fellas!!)

I dropped them off and rated low enough that I'd never be matched with the pax again.

Later that night I found dude's wallet in my back seat. F***.

The next day I started getting calls and texts and emails from Lyft and the pax. I had zero interest in ever talking to the pax again. So I figured that I would drop the wallet off at the Lyft hub and let him pick it up. But its Sunday, hub is closed. So after ignoring calls and texts for 4 hours, I responded to Lyft that I found the wallet and would bring it in tomorrow. The Lyft AI said "thanks we will let pax know".

Next morning the messages started again. Apparently Lyft did NOT notify the pax, and continued to ask me (in the same text msg thread!) if I found the wallet.

I broke down and texted the pax, showed him the text thread, and said I would take it to Lyft later today.

He says he really needs it, could he pick it up from me? Sure, but I'm driving, and no idea where I will be from time to time.

I was about 30 mins drive from him. He says if I will bring it that way, he will pay me $100. Well, okay, I can do that, where do you want to meet?

He says if I bring it to his house he will make it $150. I've heard of $20-50 rewards, but $150??? Sure, be there in half an hour, lol!

The wallet had $340 cash in it. I returned it, collected my $150, and secretly thanked Lyft for their flawed systems.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
So I picked up a couple drunk guys from the bar. As we waited in the drive thru line (my favorite - NOT) they start arguing. Over the next 10 minutes it escalated, and I seriously thought they were going to fistfight in my back seat (HEY!! No blood on my seats, fellas!!)

I dropped them off and rated low enough that I'd never be matched with the pax again.

Later that night I found dude's wallet in my back seat. F***.

The next day I started getting calls and texts and emails from Lyft and the pax. I had zero interest in ever talking to the pax again. So I figured that I would drop the wallet off at the Lyft hub and let him pick it up. But its Sunday, hub is closed. So after ignoring calls and texts for 4 hours, I responded to Lyft that I found the wallet and would bring it in tomorrow. The Lyft AI said "thanks we will let pax know".

Next morning the messages started again. Apparently Lyft did NOT notify the pax, and continued to ask me (in the same text msg thread!) if I found the wallet.

I broke down and texted the pax, showed him the text thread, and said I would take it to Lyft later today.

He says he really needs it, could he pick it up from me? Sure, but I'm driving, and no idea where I will be from time to time.

I was about 30 mins drive from him. He says if I will bring it that way, he will pay me $100. Well, okay, I can do that, where do you want to meet?

He says if I bring it to his house he will make it $150. I've heard of $20-50 rewards, but $150??? Sure, be there in half an hour, lol!

The wallet had $340 cash in it. I returned it, collected my $150, and secretly thanked Lyft for their flawed systems.
So did you make $150 but really make $490?

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Smart pax. Given the situation I would've been tempted to take the money and mail it back while claiming I had no idea of its whereabouts, knowing there's no legal responsibility on my end. That being said, if the pax offered me that I would have done the same, feeling that's more than fair and he appreciated my time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts