Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Someone left phone on car. Can I leave ithe at My local police station rather than theirs, which is roughly 30 miles away? Thanks
As passengers are getting out of car say the following
"please make sure you have your cell phone and all Belongings"

Is it really that hard to do,
I love the second line of my signature..

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Someone left phone on car. Can I leave ithe at My local police station rather than theirs, which is roughly 30 miles away? Thanks
You certainly can. Make sure you get a receipt for turning it in, and hold it for your records. In your app, if you go to Account>Help>Trips and Fare Review, you select the trip, then "My rider left an item in my vehicle." Just type in which police station you turned the phone into, and Uber will notify the pax with that information.

Reactions: Uber00 and Lepke

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You can leave it wherever you want. You are not obligated to go out of your way to return it. Hit the help button to get in contact w/ Uber/pax and let them know you found it and then leave it up to the pax to figure out how to get it. I recently left a phone in the pax mailbox at his house. After I dropped him off he called me from a friends phone to let me know he left it in the car. I found it under the seat, but since i was already too far away I told him I would leave it at his house when I made my way back home. Lucky for him he lived only a couple miles from my house. I have gone out of my way to return to peoples homes but only when agree to drop me $20 for my troubles.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
If it's in your possession, power it off completely. The pax can use the Find IPhone feature to come to your house.
That's an excellent and important point to keep in mind! Thank you for mentioning it.

Reactions: Uber00

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Good advise here so far.
What I do (when I'm not being sinister) is take it to the nearest, or most convenient police station. Turn it in. Report it in the app, and move on.
It's only after backstory that the phone takes a swim.

Uber used to give like 10 dollars to us for returning the phone. Now, they warn us not to ask for cash upon return.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Did they tip? If so, drop it off to them. If not, when you contact them, say that it'll cost you to return it, if they offer to compensate, return it to them. Otherwise, return it to a police station. If they were jerks, "don't find it" or return it far away from them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had that happen Thursday night. Three drunk guys. Two in the back, dropped them off at another bar.
Picked up another passenger a couple hours later and he got in and found it on the floor with credit cards
And cash.
The guy rang the phone and I answered it, told him I have it asked me to meet him to return it
Said not tonight he said ok tomorrow morning. He wound up coming to me at local Dunkin Doughnuts and
Gave me $40.00.
I can go for one of those a week.

I had that happen Thursday night. Three drunk guys. Two in the back, dropped them off at another bar.
Picked up another passenger a couple hours later and he got in and found it on the floor with credit cards
And cash.
The guy rang the phone and I answered it, told him I have it asked me to meet him to return it
Said not tonight he said ok tomorrow morning. He wound up coming to me at local Dunkin Doughnuts and
Gave me $40.00.
I can go for one of those a week.
Needless to say this was not just a matter of a phone. he had everything in the phone wallet.
Drivers License, credit cards etc. He wasn't waiting for me to go to him. He wanted it back NOW!

·
Premium Member
64,580 Posts
I have always managed to return every phone,wallet,set of keys so far.
Have almost always been tipped or offered a tip.
Only thing I didn't return was 2 ink pens from my first day.
They are still in my car after a year and a half.
Never saw the owner again.
And a plastic comb.
And a fancy bottle opener from a bar tender which I gave to another bartender riding who asked about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts