Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Remember, he is an IC. Although I do not know LA, I would want Hazardous situation pay for driving into gang neighborhoods.

Nowadays that could be anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Remember, he is an IC. Although I do not know LA, I would want Hazardous situation pay for driving into gang neighborhoods.

Nowadays that could be anywhere.
This is one of the biggest complaints against UBER. Drivers may choose not to serve poor neighborhoods.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Venice is absolutely not a bad neighborhood and def not somewhere I would have expected gang violence. I drive there all the time, mostly picking up tourists and middle-upper class folks. This shakes me up, but it's risky living, driving, walking, existing in LA.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Greattttt...just looked up the location of the shooting. Basically .7 miles from where I live, so Uber driving or not I may get shot. Life in LA.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Everyone likes to pretend like these things happen in areas we can somehow avoid but that's just not possible. I drove to the spot to take pics. It's in a very nice area. People walking dogs and kids in street tonight. Def not the hood.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Everyone likes to pretend like these things happen in areas we can somehow avoid but that's just not possible. I drove to the spot to take pics. It's in a very nice area. People walking dogs and kids in street tonight. Def not the hood.
It's a nice area but what surrounds that area or if it's laid out anything like New York are there any blocks in that nice area that has individuals that can't or won't work and thus prefer to take what they can from others? Hoodlums, thugs or gang members(whatever word makes people more comfortable) will shoot to kill ANYWHERE they see a member of another gang and there are more than enough cases and situations where they pull out weapons in broad daylight and just start capping so YES, this can happen anywhere. Ever so often a gang member will get on a bus, see another gang member and the first one to recognize the other will just pull his piece and start shooting. Not a single word exchanged. Problem is they usually ALWAYS fatally shoot someone else like the father in 2014 who had just finished his shift in NYC last year and was fatally shot by a 14yr.

Most people would be sickened to learn how the gangs then glorify this violence. Innocent people always will get hurt because these clowns don't have training on how to shoot and most can't shoot straight to save their own life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts