Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
40% cheaper to the airport, but 200% more expensive when you miss your flight because you took the scenic route to the airport

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
That explains it.
I had 3 pool pick ups at SJC this afternoon.
Made like $5.78; $2.12; $1.78 for them.
Imagine 3 stops, 3 luggage loads & 3 luggage unloads for less than $10 !
The only saving grace was getting my ride count up for the PDBonus.
Uber should pay us 80% of what the paxs are being charged - not just the incremental mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I think we and UBER both know that current pool rates are only going to be viable while we've got the pdb carrot dangling in front of uses soon as the cash incentive and acceptance rate requirements are gone so are tons of pool ride accepts. I've also been noticing a bit of down tick in pool requests in general. I'm guessing some pax have realized this pool thing can be a hassle for them too.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I've been noticing an increase of pool pickups - in less rides. Almost never get a single pickup.

A lot more four people in my car from pool as well. Used to be max three and only then if it was two plus one. Now I'm picking up two with two singles, or even a second duo, all the time

Good for pdplus, crap for any other measurement

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I've been noticing an increase of pool pickups - in less rides. Almost never get a single pickup.

A lot more four people in my car from pool as well. Used to be max three and only then if it was two plus one. Now I'm picking up two with two singles, or even a second duo, all the time
I love it when I get two 2 passenger pickups on pools .. everyone is crammed next to each other all pissed off that Uber paired them with another couple :D enjoy your savings on pool!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a pool pax yesterday that smelled so bad! Of course she sat up front and then she asked me to turn off the air conditioner...I guess she liked the smell of her sweat! I was embarrassed when I had to pick up the next pax! I sure hope she didn't think it was me smelling that bad!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I had a pool pax yesterday that smelled so bad! Of course she sat up front and then she asked me to turn off the air conditioner...I guess she liked the smell of her sweat! I was embarrassed when I had to pick up the next pax! I sure hope she didn't think it was me smelling that bad!
I know this is going to sound racist, but was she Indian? they don't believe in deodorant

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know this is going to sound racist, but was she Indian? they don't believe in deodorant
Yes she was! I was going to say that but I didn't want to sound racist! haha! :oops: I had one guy once that was so bad it made me nauseous! Ugh...it makes me nauseous now just thinking about it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think about 60% or more of my pax are Indian and most don't smell bad. I think a lot of them are more "Americanized" though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a combination of no deodorant and the food they eat. But yes...that food is so strong it's coming out of their pores!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts