Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Anyone looking to sell their pre 2016 diesel mercs get in there before the deadline 2019 for ulez charge and uber diesel ban.
It's £12.50 a day for ulez charge from April 2019 and no diesel accepted on uber platform after 2019.
I would buy but only private non pco car.
Seems like buying a hybrid Merc or hybrid BMW 5 series going to cost between £30 to £40 grand.No mercedes hybrid in the market at the moment and BMW 5 series just came out very expensive.

· Banned
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol what a contradictory post. Do you even think when you post stuff like this?
If you think about it you can get them quite cheap for private use after 2019. I'm not really doing ph anymore except with Prius on surge weekend but wouldn't mind a cheap merc e class or s class for private use outside London where I live it's ok. I don't have fak gold or sunglasses yet but I'm sure I can get these thrown in with the price.

· Banned
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like buying a hybrid Merc or hybrid BMW 5 series going to cost between £30 to £40 grand.No mercedes hybrid in the market at the moment and BMW 5 series just came out very expensive.
Be careful what you buy as it could land you in a lot of trouble. I wouldn't buy anything with the word diesel on it unless it's for use outside London and super cheap. Are the hybrids using diesel also exempt from ulez etc? Maybe they will change the criteria once people bought them.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....have-lost-quarter-value-since-start-2017/amp/

· Registered
342 Posts
If you think about it you can get them quite cheap for private use after 2019. I'm not really doing ph anymore except with Prius on surge weekend but wouldn't mind a cheap merc e class or s class for private use outside London where I live it's ok. I don't have fak gold or sunglasses yet but I'm sure I can get these thrown in with the price.
But why would someone on these forums sell a Merc that's not been used as PCO? This is a cabbing forum (incase you forgot), surely if there was anyone selling an e or s class would have used it for ph. And those that can afford a Merc as a non-pco car, surely they can afford ulez charges and these changes won't affect them. It makes no sense for you to ask for a car without it being registered for pco, mind boggling.

· Banned
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But why would someone on these forums sell a Merc that's not been used as PCO? This is a cabbing forum (incase you forgot), surely if there was anyone selling an e or s class would have used it for ph. And those that can afford a Merc as a non-pco car, surely they can afford ulez charges and these changes won't affect them. It makes no sense for you to ask for a car without it being registered for pco, mind boggling.
This is an open forum as no licence required to join and I wasn't trying to buy one off the forum.i will wait till 2020.
Should be 30percent cheaper at least the way it's diving now.

· Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I think a lot of people (like myself) will have their merc up for sale in 2019. I have the e300 hybrid but as it’s diesel it is still not exempt from ulez. Unless Uber pay for my ulez fee I will not be doing PH anymore

· Registered
107 Posts
How cheaper you want the E class to get? You can get a 15 reg euro 6 for 11k. They are already selling for cheap. As for hybrid 17 and 18 reg mercs hybirds are petrol with low emissions so they are exempt from road tax and ulez. But they will set you a good 30k.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.