Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to supplement my income and was planning to drive for Uber. I was a yellow cab driver back in Chicago so I know the business. I really would like to get an idea of typical fare count in Naples area. I don't care how much you made but really how many actual pickup request you get on a typical weekend. I would most likely do the heaviest times based on the map. I don't need any opinions; just facts. I don't care about the struggles, crying over not making money, etc. I just need the actual fare pickups you are getting on a typical shift.

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You can download the rider app, take a look at the number of U vehicles in the area you want to drive in. And take a look around when you're out and about, are there a lot of cabs? The rider app will also give you the rate structure, essential information if you want to try it there. Some actual area drivers may be along to give you some area specific information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again, not looking for where to find information I already know. I want to know from a driver how many on average pickups they get. Please read my request before responding! I guess I need someone with cabbie experience to know how to answer my question!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Again, not looking for where to find information I already know. I want to know from a driver how many on average pickups they get. Please read my request before responding! I guess I need someone with cabbie experience to know how to answer my question!
I'd say probably 3 an hour during the busy times, which are usually 5-8 and then 11-2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take everyone! Thank you for that data. I use to drive people 1.5 miles from the bar to their house and they didn't even tip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I plan to be coming on board but with season coming to an end; I won't be rushing it. I use to get 1-2 an hour with Yellow Cab and I would have to pay $210/week for dues no matter what. It was impossible to make a living and I averaged $4/hour. I had a great time driving and would have continued if I could afford those dues. I was sleeping out of my cab trying to survive working 16 hour days!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished yesterday about 3-4 an hour in the middle of the day from 11-5 and I raked in 160 with gas and everything taken out not including tips. With tips about 201. Mind you it's my third day. This was a great Saturday

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi people, I'm moving south. Will be in N Ft Myers first part of May. Presently in MSP with 1000 + rides. I work Fri & Sat during winter the transition to Thur - Sun. Say hi if you want, I'm a trouble maker always poking the bear. Is Lyft in the area yet?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi people, I'm moving south. Will be in N Ft Myers first part of May. Presently in MSP with 1000 + rides. I work Fri & Sat during winter the transition to Thur - Sun. Say hi if you want, I'm a trouble maker always poking the bear. Is Lyft in the area yet?
Collier county is pretty bad right now, I can only imagine how much it will blow in may. I don't know about ft.Myers though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How bad is bad? how long you been sitting between hits? I believe season ends after easter so it will surely drop from what season was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How bad is bad? how long you been sitting between hits? I believe season ends after easter so it will surely drop from what season was.
Bad is when you take a pin at GulfShore area and the destination is to mercato, and you only get less than 6 dollars, that was friday at 9pm, without surge btw!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is that all you made for entire night or just one fare. I suppose you all never worked for cab company. Try waiting two hours for a $4 fare! Yellow cab is corporate America at its best! Not paying dues to get hits is great. Sorry guess the saying goes everyone wants the sports car when others are on a bike wishing they had a car. I will do well here with those mindsets!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is that all you made for entire night or just one fare. I suppose you all never worked for cab company. Try waiting two hours for a $4 fare! Yellow cab is corporate America at its best! Not paying dues to get hits is great. Sorry guess the saying goes everyone wants the sports car when others are on a bike wishing they had a car. I will do well here with those mindsets!
I said just one fare, look, I do this as part time when I have time to do it and when there is high demand like new year eve (I made $400 since 11pm until 3am) and st patricks day( in 2015 I made $700 thu-sat during st patricks weekend, this year I wasn't off on my full time job), just to clarify everything, in january uber began to cut the fares thinking that this gonna make busy, for them is good, but for us I think it's not fair because of operative cost (car milleage, gas, etc) and when there's not surge I don't feel Im getting the enough benefit at the end

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's actually very good considering my past in taxi business. I look at this job as a side job. I don't need to make $20 plus per hour or everyone would be doing this. Most of this forum listening to a lot of drivers cry "it's not fair" is a real joke. It's like a bunch of rich kid brats crying that their parents won't give them a higher allowance for doing less chores. This is the real world. You only pay for real dispatch services when you actually drive! I'm stationed in my backyard and I'm free to work when I want.

$10\hr after expenses is the expectation. If that doesn't fit a driver's realm of the actual expectations than they are in the wrong business! Essentially this is still a taxi job! I laugh to hear all those that cancel fares just because its not worth their time. It will be better for the entire community if those people just go back to whatever they see as "worth their time" and leave the driving jobs to the ones that actually need to work for a "fair wage"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts