Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
When the fluid gets old the rearend starts making noise, just have the fluid changed and see, if its definitely the rear end any Joe mechanic can change the rearend pumpkin,..... if your suburban is 4wd there is a rear end pumpkin in the front that takes a fluid change, there is also a transfer case that takes a fluid change...….atb

·
Banned
1,426 Posts
When the fluid gets old the rearend starts making noise, just have the fluid changed and see, if its definitely the rear end any Joe mechanic can change the rearend pumpkin,..... if your suburban is 4wd there is a rear end pumpkin in the front that takes a fluid change, there is also a transfer case that takes a fluid change...….atb
'Pumpkin'.
Because the word 'differential' is too complicated to pronounce and spell?
That extra vowel, it adds up over time. Right?

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
Go to the Chevy dealership/mechanic then.

I think they would know best.
Can't trust dealers...

My boy went into Homda dealer because his power steering was losing electricity at times.

48 hrs in the Honda dealership they failed to find the solution, they did offer to "fix" other issues they found.

My boy took it to Jerome ave and mechanic quickly noticed the "ground" wire that connects to car chasis was loose... mechanic didn't even charge him.... my boy gave him $50

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't trust dealers...

My boy went into Homda dealer because his power steering was losing electricity at times.

48 hrs in the Honda dealership they failed to find the solution, they did offer to "fix" other issues they found.

My boy took it to Jerome ave and mechanic quickly noticed the "ground" wire that collects to car chasis was loose... mechanic didn't even charge him.... my boy gave him $50
This... And don't wanna leave car there for couple of days.

·
Registered
894 Posts
This might sound like a joke, but I'm serious. I got a good Mechanic for you. He doesn't have a garage but he works on the street. He lives/works on 91st Street between 37/35 Avenues in Jackson Heights. He goes by the name El Mechanico. He can fix anything and the best rates around. He's always around during the day, generally 7 days a week Sundays can he hit or miss.

It's one of those great situations where you roll up and he can jump in if need be to hear the problem.

I rent so I don't use a mechanic now but I highly recommend him. He's literally in front of the second house in from 37th Avenue going towards 35th.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Can't trust dealers...

My boy took it to Jerome ave and mechanic quickly noticed the "ground" wire that connects to car chasis was loose... mechanic didn't even charge him.... my boy gave him $50
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This might sound like a joke, but I'm serious. I got a good Mechanic for you. He doesn't have a garage but he works on the street. He lives/works on 91st Street between 37/35 Avenues in Jackson Heights. He goes by the name El Mechanico. He can fix anything and the best rates around. He's always around during the day, generally 7 days a week Sundays can he hit or miss.

It's one of those great situations where you roll up and he can jump in if need be to hear the problem.

I rent so I don't use a mechanic now but I highly recommend him. He's literally in front of the second house in from 37th Avenue going towards 35th.

Good luck!
Ok, does he have a number or I just drive by there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking for a good Suburban mechanic, rear differential have started to whine and bearings need to be replaced. Appreciate any suggestions.
CEDARS
Looking for a good Suburban mechanic, rear differential have started to whine and bearings need to be replaced. Appreciate any suggestions.
cedar auto repair in Coney Island ave . V honest

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.