Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Surprise and work 2p-10p in Tempe. I'm able to drive from 9am to around 1pm, and then again at 10pm when I get off work.

What I've been doing is going online at 9am and then just heading toward Arrowhead area. I usually get a ping on the way so from there I accept every offer and pretty much let the pax determine where I end up. Around 12:30pm I set my work as a destination and get a hit about 3 times out of 5. Then after work at 10pm I usually start heading toward ASU. Again, I usually get a ping along the way and take every offer I get. If I'm near the airport I'll check the queue. If it's less than 10 I'll head over there. Then around 11:30pm, I'll set home as my destination and I get a ping about 2 out of 5 times.

This seems to be working as I have very minimal dead time and I'm averaging about $17/hr earnings. After reading some of the posts here, I'm wondering if I'm doing to much 'aimless' wandering and if I should be trying to fine tune a route of some kind to kick up my earnings.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's my suggestion. Since Uber is your part time gig like mine, and I've done what you've done in the past, I suggest just spending more time at home and setting a destination filter when you want to go to work and when you go home. Chasing that elusive $0.90/mi will get to you eventually.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my suggestion. Since Uber is your part time gig like mine, and I've done what you've done in the past, I suggest just spending more time at home and setting a destination filter when you want to go to work and when you go home. Chasing that elusive $0.90/mi will get to you eventually.
My goal is $300/wk and I'm only getting 1-2 rides each time I set a filter to/from work, and few of those have been more than $10. I also have no need to be at home in the mornings. My wife is at work and kids are in school. If there's a day I need to be home, I certainly can be, but I don't have a need to be home from 9a-noon most days. So why not hit the roads and make some money?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mornings can be tough based upon the hours you indicated that you're free to drive. The hours of 9am until noon are not only slow for rides but there are also a billion other drivers on the road during that window of time.

Money in the mornings is made between 4am to 9am. So, based on the evening hours that you indicated you can drive, you'll make a lot more $ during that time.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
The look this Harry doofus has on his face in that avatar perfectly sums up the looks I see on 75% of rideshare drivers now when i'm out and about.

·
Registered
223 Posts
►...ask Mr.Clean at the Phoenix-HUB.

►He seems to know ALL the answers when I go in to drop off stuff for lost and found. :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
I also live in Surprise but only drive on the weekends Friday and Saturday night you will hit you 300.00 bucks easy. I have taken off the last couple of
months because of no need to drive my business is very busy since the first of the year. I stepped out the last 2 weekends and hit 300.00+ From 8pm-3am working N Scottsdale. I stay away from ASU unless during football home games.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts