Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I am new here in UberPeople, so I apologize if I made a mistake on posting this thread.

So I got into an accident(with pax inside my car), and I got a big "sideswipe" on the driver's side(fender, 2 doors, and possibly the sideskirt). Any recommendations in South OC, or maybe around OC in general? My insurance covers this one, so any recommendation would help. Many thanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dashcam video? Your insurance? I thought uber insurance is in full effect during trip. James River Insurance Company. Check waybill if it was ur most recent ride, or file the report through trip hostory - trip - i was in an accident.

If u use ur personal insurance, ur rates will skyrocket.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not have a dashcam. I already reported it to Uber, and they suspended me temporarily until I got my car fixed. How do I approach James River insurance? This is my first car accident involving the insurance, so please help me by teaching me the steps on how to deal with this as an Uber driver. Thank you all.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
I do not have a dashcam. I already reported it to Uber, and they suspended me temporarily until I got my car fixed. How do I approach James River insurance? This is my first car accident involving the insurance, so please help me by teaching me the steps on how to deal with this as an Uber driver. Thank you all.
James river will call you to investigate. Normally within 24 hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got hit recently too. Contact Uber through the app and they'll either email you or call you. They'll take your statement and have you upload all of your docs through their app. It's pretty easy but you just have to stay on top of it. 1000 dollar deductible. They don't cover lost wage or a rental car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all for the help and suggestions. I also forget to mention that the insurance company that I have would give me a $500 deductible, but as what I noticed and as what some of you stated, they would spike up my monthly payment, even if it is not my fault. I also want to let you know that I also made a claim to the other party's insurance. So correct me if I am wrong, if I rely on James River, they would charge me $1000 for the deductible?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been 24h since I reported everything to everybody, but I never heard from James River, my insurance, and the other party's insurance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do I approach Adieu? Do I just have to hit him up with a message on this site? (newbie here lol)

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Word of warning on Adieu. He's a good person and plenty knowledgeable but you might need a translator. And you would be excused for thinking if I talked to him in person or on the phone, maybe I'll be able to figure out what he's saying... no you won't. Come to think of it, I don't know that he's that good of a person anyway. Just... good luck.

Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts