Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of parents are looking for a driver to pick up up to five elementary school age children who live relatively close to each other in Brooklyn and drop them off at their school near Prospect Park South by 8:30 a.m. and pick them up at 3:30 p.m. and drop them off at home five days a week for a school year. The driver will have to be willing to do a background check and provide their own minivan. The driver would have to be very reliable and trustworthy with such valuable cargo!

If interested contact me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A group of parents are looking for a driver to pick up up to five elementary school age children who live relatively close to each other in Brooklyn and drop them off at their school near Prospect Park South by 8:30 a.m. and pick them up at 3:30 p.m. and drop them off at home five days a week for a school year. The driver will have to be willing to do a background check and provide their own minivan. The driver would have to be very reliable and trustworthy with such valuable cargo!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Interested in your proposal. Nyc tlc professional. Advise on how would you like to meet for discussion.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Interested in your proposal. Nyc tlc professional. Advise on how would you like to meet for discussion.
How many years have you been doing TLC work, and what are your references if you have any.
I am also a professional driver and take care of a few private clients, but will not waste my time with such a job request, no professional driver would. For you to pick them up at 3:30 you would have to not take any other jobs a minimum of 2 hours before hand, same in the morning, so you think they will pay you for your down time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many years have you been doing TLC work, and what are your references if you have any.
I am also a professional driver and take care of a few private clients, but will not waste my time with such a job request, no professional driver would. For you to pick them up at 3:30 you would have to not take any other jobs a minimum of 2 hours before hand, same in the morning, so you think they will pay you for your down time.
I am a 20 year driver in NYC. Clean record. Anything else i will discuss with a client. Thank you for your interest in my well being.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are several car services that provide such a service which can easily be found with a google search so you have no basis for saying no professional driver would be interested. And, of course there would be a premium over standard rates. Finally, if you are not into wasting your time, why would you waste your time making negative posts about a job you are not interested in?

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
There are several car services that provide such a service which can easily be found with a google search so you have no basis for saying no professional driver would be interested. And, of course there would be a premium over standard rates. Finally, if you are not into wasting your time, why would you waste your time making negative posts about a job you are not interested in?
You make no sense, a car service is NOT an independent contractor, it's a company offering a service and will be sending a car every day morning and afternoon, but with a different driver most of the time.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts

Make sure you have insurance ironed out. A clean background check does not mean one has commercial insurance to cover your kids. Unless you are only paying them wear and tear and fuel, their personal insurance is not applicable. If you are only paying for gas and wear and tear, good luck finding someone who will do this for very long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you have insurance ironed out. A clean background check does not mean one has commercial insurance to cover your kids. Unless you are only paying them wear and tear and fuel, their personal insurance is not applicable. If you are only paying for gas and wear and tear, good luck finding someone who will do this for very long.
Thanks. I am getting that it might have to be a couple of drivers. Also willing to not do the afternoon pickup. Hoping that there might be a couple of drivers who might want to start their day with a guaranteed premium fare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You make no sense, a car service is NOT an independent contractor, it's a company offering a service and will be sending a car every day morning and afternoon, but with a different driver most of the time.
Why are you so angry about this? Take a deep breath guy. It doesn't have to be all one driver. Could be a few drivers. When I find people who are interested I can work out those terms with them and see what they are willing to do. If you are not interested then you should act not interested (i.e., move on).

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Thanks. I am getting that it might have to be a couple of drivers. Also willing to not do the afternoon pickup. Hoping that there might be a couple of drivers who might want to start their day with a guaranteed premium fare.
But that does not address the commercial insurance. I cannot stress the importance of this strongly enough.
Even if you get a TLC Uber driver, are they commercially insured if they are not going through the Uber app? I am not saying they are not, I do not live in New York City, but I strongly encourage you to make sure you have that information.There are many people, drivers and passengers, out there who do not consider this to be an issue worth pause. It is. One red light missed, one pedestrian who causes a driver to swerve, the risks and costs are very real.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
But that does not address the commercial insurance. I cannot stress the importance of this strongly enough.
Even if you get a TLC Uber driver, are they commercially insured if they are not going through the Uber app? I am not saying they are not, I do not live in New York City, but I strongly encourage you to make sure you have that information.There are many people, drivers and passengers, out there who do not consider this to be an issue worth pause. It is. One red light missed, one pedestrian who causes a driver to swerve, the risks and costs are very real.
NYC FHV drivers all have full time commercial insurance with TLC issued license plates and a FHV/Taxi drivers license, we here don't use our personal cars to do FHV/TAXI work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Tx rides. I heard you the first time. I will be sure to take into consideration desired insurance requirements when working with drivers.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
NYC FHV drivers all have full time commercial insurance with TLC issued license plates and a FHV/Taxi drivers license, we here don't use our personal cars to do FHV/TAXI work.
So you had to acquire commercial separate from Uber? I suppose that is a good thing, because it truly means you can do as you please on the side. So what is the difference between Uber X and Uber black in New York? Just models?

·
Registered
213 Posts
So you had to acquire commercial separate from Uber? I suppose that is a good thing, because it truly means you can do as you please on the side. So what is the difference between Uber X and Uber black in New York? Just models?
correct, just different type of cars but everyone is licensed and insured.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts