Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Did anyone actually watch the first video?

What kind of moron leases a Lincoln MKT for $500 a week for 156 weeks? That's $78,000 total, You could have bought a brand new Porsche Cayenne and still have some left over.

Uber is not entirely the problem here, It's this whole system is set up to take advantage of less educated people and making the top rich. This lease for example, Makes the car dealer rich, Makes Uber rich, But leaves the driver penniless.

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Did anyone actually watch the first video?

What kind of moron leases a Lincoln MKT for $500 a week for 156 weeks? That's $78,000 total, You could have bought a brand new Porsche Cayenne and still have some left over.

Uber is not entirely the problem here, It's this whole system is set up to take advantage of less educated people and making the top rich. This lease for example, Makes the car dealer rich, Makes Uber rich, But leaves the driver penniless.
I drive a Ford Explorer (Uber XL/Lyft Plus) I figure my costs for depreciation and maintenance is roughly 15 cents a mile I drive close to 2000 miles a week and set aside $300 to replace my car. Im already looking for another car and the MKT is first on my list it will qualify for Uber select in my market but in other markets it's LUX SUV

I think the depreciation figure I would use for a used MKT would be closer to 20 cents a mile or $500 a week

So I don't see any difference between $500 a week set aside so I can buy a new car at 200000 miles or a lease expense of $500 a week $500=$500

The question of course is; Can I make enough every week to pay for the car and fuel. And the $1000 I need to support myself. I think I could (I'm doing it with my ford). Even in my market with the relatively low "select" rates. (We don't have Uber black or lux) I think I could improve on that with a MKT

The reason I don't complain about the dollars per hour I make driving for Uber is that I am not paid by the hour, and never have been since my first paper route over 50 years ago. And I haven't found an hourly job that will pay me what I need. Even at $20 an hour a 40 hour a week job dosent do it for me. Not to mention no employer in their right mind would hire someone my age with my aches and pains

Oh. And If I had the cash I'd buy the car. But I don't. The choice isn't buy a car for cash or lease. Most of us don't have have $5000 for a used car that qualifies for Uber x much less a LUX SUV. but we do have $500 a week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts