Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went from UCLA to Compton on Uber pool. That's 23 miles.

So my question is why didn't I get any other pax? Surely there were others headed that way.

At first I thought if I went extra slowly I would be more likely to "catch" other pax headed that way. Would that be a good strategy? Or does Uber have some other metric to determine additional pool pickups?

Also what's the Uber pool minimum fare? I got an Uber pool today where I got $1.85

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts

So my question is why didn't I get any other pax? Surely there were others headed that way.

At first I thought if I went extra slowly I would be more likely to "catch" other pax headed that way. Would that be a good strategy? Or does Uber have some other metric to determine additional pool pickups?

Also what's the Uber pool minimum fare? I got an Uber pool today where I got $1.85
Ummm cos their destination was Compton!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Uber pool is a fraud to us the drivers STOP picking up the 2nd ping you don't make more money. You actually work for free! We don't get paid while we are on the way to pick people up so even though u have the 1st pax already in the car if you accept a 2nd pax the moment you accept you stop getting paid! WAKE UP!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Uber will not pay u double you get paid 85 cents a mile 11 cents a minute regardless if you have 1 pax or 4 pax. "The meter" only runs when you're on your way to DROP someone off!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uber pool is a fraud to us the drivers STOP picking up the 2nd ping you don't make more money. You actually work for free! We don't get paid while we are on the way to pick people up so even though u have the 1st pax already in the car if you accept a 2nd pax the moment you accept you stop getting paid! WAKE UP!
Well I have gotten pool trips. Wherein I pick up more people and they extend my trip a long ways. For example I got a pool from lax hotel area to universal studios then picked up 2nd pax who took me all the way to Pasadena turned a $25 trip into a $60 trip.

But I agree is mostly a scam

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
C'mon dude that's not true at all. Driver gets paid starting with the pickup of the first PAX all the way to the drop off of the last PAX, time and distance.

Pool does indeed suck but not as bad as that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Santa Monica to Encino 530pm Tuesday- 13 miles and 1 pax.
Venice to Canoga Park- 6pm Wed- 23 miles and 1 pax.
Westa LA to Enicno- 445pm last Friday- 32 miles and 1 pax
Good times.

·
Registered
886 Posts

One pool pax is bad enough. Why in the world would you want to pick up a second pool pax? You get no benefit from the second pax unless their fare is at a surge rate that is higher than the first pax. The only other time matched pools can be useful is when you need to complete more trips in a short period of time in order to qualify for guarantees. Otherwise pool is for fools.

·
Banned
6,928 Posts
Uber will not pay u double you get paid 85 cents a mile 11 cents a minute regardless if you have 1 pax or 4 pax. "The meter" only runs when you're on your way to DROP someone off!!
You get paid .85 cents per mile for each pax in the vehicle. That means you double dip every time you have 2 pool pax in the vehicle at the same time. Multiply by platinum and you are making uberpool base rates 4X.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You get paid .85 cents per mile for each pax in the vehicle. That means you double dip every time you have 2 pool pax in the vehicle at the same time. Multiply by platinum and you are making uberpool base rates 4X.
Pool pays 85 cents per mile and 11 cents per minute from the first pax pickup to the last pax drop off regardless of how many pax are in the car at any given point during the trip. Surge pricing and boost incentives do apply to pool, but there's no "double dipping" for multiple pool pax.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I took a pool trip from woodland hills to metro station on alameda during rush hour once. The fastest and suggested route involved going north initially and taking the 118 to the 5.

I got 3 additional pings at the beginning of the trip I ignored. I am sure they would have involved me taking a shorter, slower route and costing myself s lot of $$

I was timed out when I arrived but was worth it. It was like $70 for 1.5 hours (at 1.6X)

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
I wish :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts