Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody working this weekend?

Surges are almost nonexistent and too many drivers out to make a decent buck.

This Saturday was the worst Saturday. There were surges during the day here and there, but nobody was ordering during that time.

Anybody getting lucky with the fares?

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I was out driving on Saturday night, a lot of people on the street, but no ping. There were so many drivers out there that I had never seen before. A long multiple stops XL ride made up the night.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had a great weekend. I had a 2.9 XL surge last night for 1 hour 28 minutes and 51km. Still waiting to see what the fare will be but this weekend has been great overall. Traffic after 7pm is non existent if you take good back streets and don't always follow the app. Digital Dreams has been a money maker.

·
Registered
536 Posts
So far, I've been in the $35/h Range for the weekend... (Mostly XL/Select trips). as Total Time from Leaving home, to parking back at home, (not just online time).

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
This was the worse weekend in uber history,i do not see any point in driving under slave wages.Uber x is becoming a big waste of time.If i turn on the app and do not see surge i do not drive.Last years pride was surging 3x and 4x

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
This was the worse weekend in uber history,i do not see any point in driving under slave wages.Uber x is becoming a big waste of time.If i turn on the app and do not see surge i do not drive.Last years pride was surging 3x and 4x
Not in uber history; but could be drivers history : more drivers having the same pie: uber pie must have increased

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Not in uber history; but could be drivers history : more drivers having the same pie: uber pie must have increased
Your driving xl/select these are ok earnings,but driving x is a complete waste of time.Honestly i feel sorry for people that will continue doing this at these wages.Getting under the minimum wage.I will certainly not be driving anytime soon under these conditions

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
It's the long weekend, anything decent was not to be expected, as most folks are outta town.

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
It's the long weekend, anything decent was not to be expected, as most folks are outta town.
Yah thats what i thought,but thus is not the case. Today the people were back from the cottage Blue Jays , Pride and digital dreams. With a combination of those 3 in one day should equal a new years type surge.Instead it was dead.Picture what a regular Monday to Thursday would be like in the future. Its time to kick Uber to the curb and stop driving

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Uber has become miser in surges : saving it for July 15
Uber business model is based on hatred of drivers,backstabbing and a race to the bottom,no way things will get better.Unless you got the ex taxi driver promo.They will have 3 months of good earning to lure them away from a good paying job.Once the 3 months is up uber will backstab them to

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Saturday and Sunday night were average to me. Not disappointing, but nothing to get excited about and wright home either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts