Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 20-1/2 hour ride? I asked Uber Support as simply as possible if this was real. I was told, obviously, the opposite. Uber Support thought I was asking about a Long Pickup not a (very) long ride.

Your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very observant. I must've gone in to Airplane Mode after the request was made. But what do you think of the length of the trip itself?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know about the 8-hour trip maximum. It should've been an easy answer from Uber Support. Thank you, Seaside_Surfer!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I was in that area once and saw the Lewes terminal input as a destination (180 min trip or whatever), I pointed this out to the pax and they meant to input the Cape May ferry terminal.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
A 20-1/2 hour ride? I asked Uber Support as simply as possible if this was real. I was told, obviously, the opposite. Uber Support thought I was asking about a Long Pickup not a (very) long ride.

Your thoughts?
The passenger input the wrong destination, I’ve seen that happened a lot of times while I was at Newark Airport. The passenger app always tries to auto fill the address and if for example you just flew from Miami into Newark and now you are at Newark asking for a Uber ride when you are typing the address the app will at first show you auto fills with addresses in Miami because the app remembers your home region so if passenger isn’t paying attention they might select the one from Miami instead of the ones in New Jersey, not sure if I explained that correctly but I’ve seen it happen, it almost happened to me one time I flew to Kentucky the app was auto filling addresses from New Jersey… and because the distance it’s so big it won’t show the passenger the estimated cost so it’s not like you can see you are about to be charged thousands of dollars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts