Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this today for the first time ever. $1-2 extra for pickups that seemed fairly close. Lol today I was at Fairview after dropping off pax there...prime time/surge all over. Lyft ping came in, sans primetime of course, from CF MARKVILLE. Unbelievable... Since I was in the middle of a streak bonus, I took the ping. I actually used Uber destination filter to get there! 45 minutes later I arrive at the mall. Rider was nowhere to be seen. No show cancel. Thanks Lyft!

Anyway...long pickup fees for the win! Lol if Lyft started doing this FML....

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I noticed this today for the first time ever. $1-2 extra for pickups that seemed fairly close. Lol today I was at Fairview after dropping off pax there...prime time/surge all over. Lyft ping came in, sans primetime of course, from CF MARKVILLE. Unbelievable... Since I was in the middle of a streak bonus, I took the ping. I actually used Uber destination filter to get there! 45 minutes later I arrive at the mall. Rider was nowhere to be seen. No show cancel. Thanks Lyft!

Long pick up fees is how uber robs you of the surge they charge the customer double and give you a dollar.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Map Font Urban design Parallel Screenshot
Product Map Font Slope Urban design
I'll take a buck or two where before there was zilch. Much better than a poke in the eye with a dry stick... Maybe you should go to the hub and get them to opt you out...
I'm just stating the facts and I never take long pick up fee's so I opted out myself.

I don't get it. What's the issue here? Can't you just ignore a long pickup if you don't want to?
Yes you can but I was just saying the long pick up fee is a replacement for the surge to get drivers to do more work for less pay.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I had a 7.9 km pickup ping on Uber today. I didn't take it. I was in the middle of a surge. This ping wasn't even surged. So.

Does it say any long pickup fees on the ping when it has that? Or you know it after the payment is posted?

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts

And you get nothing when the Pax cancels before you arrive! I had that happen yesterday, cheap pax requested Lyft in Mid-town, with 50% prime time, not even 2 minutes heading there, they just cancelled. This caused me to just turn off the Lyft App completely.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
Long pick up fees is how uber robs you of the surge they charge the customer double and give you a dollar.
Exactly, the fare is 3.5 km away, and they give you a measly $1.25. Obviously, the are probably charging surge pricing to the Pax, but don't want to pass on those profits to you. My tips are at minimum $1.00, I'll take my chances and pick up a shorter distance pick up and probably get some tips. At least Uber doesnt' take a cut of the tips!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts