Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a ping for a 1.4x pickup in Lakewood while heading south on i-71 between w65th and w130th exits... stated 16 minutes out... so I took it thinking oh... I'll get the long-pickup compensation on this... NOPE...

So I drove sixteen minutes back to Lakewood for an $8 trip :mad:

along the same note... anyone else notice that the "Long Trip" indicator seems to have gone MIA again... several 45+ minute airport runs in the list two weeks and no sign of it on any of them....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I thought it wasn't available in Cleveland until December
Curious you say that. Immediately after it was announced I kept on getting notifications that trips were considered long trips. As of now I haven't seen the notification, but yet have driven from one side of the county to the other side of the county.
Add to that, Uber support has been an absolute joke since the implementation of the 180 days of change.

·
Registered
608 Posts
As I understand it we are notified that long trips that are longer than 45 minutes. I’ve gotten a few. Thats one part which was implemented a couple months ago. The next part is pickups that are more than 10 mins away we will compensated after 10 mins. IE pickup 15 mins away we will be compensated for 5 mins. I’m not sure if it’s time and distance. Unfortunately some people will milk this then complain they didn’t get paid.

·
Registered
307 Posts
As I understand it we are notified that long trips that are longer than 45 minutes. I've gotten a few. Thats one part which was implemented a couple months ago. The next part is pickups that are more than 10 mins away we will compensated after 10 mins. IE pickup 15 mins away we will be compensated for 5 mins. I'm not sure if it's time and distance. Unfortunately some people will milk this then complain they didn't get paid.
I wish that were in affect. I was on the north side of Akron last week and it was so busy up north, I was grabbed to make a pickup in southern Broadview Hts. 27 minutes away. When I was just 5 minutes from getting there they cancelled. Screwed up that part of the night. Had a difficult time getting a fare for about 20 minutes after that because I was in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it wasn't available in Cleveland until December
Yeah... they conviently didn't make that clear.... their 180 days blog said "NOW you will get paid for long pickups..." should have known better...

As I understand it we are notified that long trips that are longer than 45 minutes. I've gotten a few. Thats one part which was implemented a couple months ago. The next part is pickups that are more than 10 mins away we will compensated after 10 mins. IE pickup 15 mins away we will be compensated for 5 mins. I'm not sure if it's time and distance. Unfortunately some people will milk this then complain they didn't get paid.
I had at least two trips in the last week thast should have been tagged long trip, but werent... airport out to mentor/painsville...not to mention there were a couple incidents where it tagged it long trip and I start the trip to find out it's a 12 minute trip downtown or a five minute trip to a nearby hotel....

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
In addition to a larger cancellation fee in the event that they cancel after you start driving there.

Question is, how insulting the fee is lol In the email I think I saw $5 something but I am guessing it will be $0.34 for a 15 min pick up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a 20 minute pickup today, usually wouldn’t accept but did today to check out “long distance pickup” fee. Received zero.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I’m going a meeting next week at office. I’ll ask about this. I’m making a list. Anyone have question? Let me know and I’ll ask. I’m not 100% sure what this all going to be about but it sounds like state/regional people will be there

·
Registered
9 Posts
UberEats....you drive 10-15 minutes, wait ten minutes for order, deliver two miles and receive $3 plus some change. Restaurant should be charged after a few minutes once we click “we arrived “ Just not worth half hour to make $3. Also arrived to restaurant 3 times in last couple weeks to find out order was cancelled. Support says “sorry but you receive nothing for that 15 minutes of your time”. UberEats does make up for some down time though

·
Registered
608 Posts
If this happens consistently I would just opt out of UberEATS. On the surface UberEATS looks like a good gig. Not having to deal with people more tips etc. parking downtown must a challenge. I have thought how it would be good if you could work as a team....driver and runner.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If this happens consistently I would just opt out of UberEATS. On the surface UberEATS looks like a good gig. Not having to deal with people more tips etc. parking downtown must a challenge. I have thought how it would be good if you could work as a team....driver and runner.
Why, so you can both make $1.50 instead of $3 for that half hour of your life.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well since this post crossed my eyes the first time, things have definitely changed. Almost every ride that was longer than a 11 minute trip away I've earned my long trip fee. It's nice because I've been getting my fair share of them lately.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like it. Rides I’d never take I’m taking now. It was a rare smart move by Uber to do this. Now if only Lyft would follow suit. I get a ton of 25 minute or greater requests from Lyft. That’s why I never qualify for their dumb bonuses since my acceptance rate sucks.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I just took a long pickup ride at 15 minutes out. Got a whopping 40 cents as long pickup fee. I probably took me 12 minutes to get there, so they really oversold the distance, and then lured me in. I was thinking I'd get an extra $5 or something, but no. 40 cents. Not worth being lured by long pickup incentives.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts