Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to set up your account to where I can only be sent requests wherevrider is 10 mins or less from me?? I get tons of requests for rides that are 15 to 20 mins away from me and I decline everyone. I only accept ones that are 10 mins or less. I have a 4.98 rating and have been driving fir 3 years very part time.
JaySA

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

No. there is no to way do that. But unless you're trying to maintain gold status, you can just reject them because your acceptance rate doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
10,697 Posts
Is there any way to set up your account to where I can only be sent requests wherevrider is 10 mins or less from me?? I get tons of requests for rides that are 15 to 20 mins away from me and I decline everyone. I only accept ones that are 10 mins or less. I have a 4.98 rating and have been driving fir 3 years very part time.
JaySA
LOL.

no.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
JaySA
The only way to avoid long pick up's is by instructing Uber to dispatch every single one to a shill

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Destination and all info going to disappear

everyone sitting in same area waiting for the short rides is goingro end

my tips are way way up in the suburbs long oickios

Uber should pay us more on long pickups but would druvers still go get those rides

doubt it

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Destination and all info going to disappear

everyone sitting in same area waiting for the short rides is goingro end

my tips are way way up in the suburbs long oickios

Uber should pay us more on long pickups but would druvers still go get those rides

doubt it
Before I wised up I would accept those long pick-ups . I love how Uber posts premium ride possible for 10 min. or over. I have driven 15 miles to pick up a a dumdass, take him 2 blocks down the road for a pack of smokes.Uber knows exactly the ride distance and time. I get so pissed when they try and dangle that carrot.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Before I wised up I would accept those long pick-ups . I love how Uber posts premium ride possible for 10 min. or over. I have driven 15 miles to pick up a a dumdass, take him 2 blocks down the road for a pack of smokes.Uber knows exactly the ride distance and time. I get so pissed when they try and dangle that carrot.
And if you ever actually check what that “premium” was it’s pocket lint.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
Is there any way to set up your account to where I can only be sent requests wherevrider is 10 mins or less from me??
with Uber nope. With HopSkipDrive, yes!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Me too Ziggywaz. Once was all it took for me. Drove 20 minutes from Oklahoma City to Moore Oklahoma at 3 in the morning to literally drive a broad 3 minures down the road to supposedly give her sister some loose cigarettes and back, and no tip of course. It was ridiculous.
Then I don't think they( UBER) even show you what the pickup premium is. It says PREMIUM POSSIBLE or some s***. I don't reach for the dangling carrots anymore. I just drive. It seems like by the time you get to a surge it disappears or you get offered a ride in the area but the surge bonus isn't there, which I don't understand either.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
JaySA
What if you made your home destination ten minutes away ?

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Me too Ziggywaz. Once was all it took for me. Drove 20 minutes from Oklahoma City to Moore Oklahoma at 3 in the morning to literally drive a broad 3 minures down the road to supposedly give her sister some loose cigarettes and back, and no tip of course. It was ridiculous.
Then I don't think they( UBER) even show you what the pickup premium is. It says PREMIUM POSSIBLE or some s***. I don't reach for the dangling carrots anymore. I just drive. It seems like by the time you get to a surge it disappears or you get offered a ride in the area but the surge bonus isn't there, which I don't understand either.
If Uber is screwing it's drivers now just wait until the driver count goes up

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I don't know if this is relevant but I've put destination mode on with a destination time and I still get ride requests 10 min. In the opposite direction and the rider is going nowhere near my destination.
That sounds right.
It may stop the 30 minute rides.

·
Premium Member
10,697 Posts
I don't know if this is relevant but I've put destination mode on with a destination time and I still get ride requests 10 min. In the opposite direction and the rider is going nowhere near my destination.
When there are few drivers around everyones DF becomes less effective.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts