Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I tried to find another thread on this topic as it must already exist....! Essentially I'm trying to find out if I'll be eligible to become an Uber driver in London with an EU licence (from France). I've had my full licence for over 15 years, and just got my PCO licence last month. I haven't read any requirements that the driver's licence must be from the UK, but now I've heard of someone from Italy getting rejected by Uber because of their EU licence...!

Any input would be appreciated. And apologies in advance if this is asked a gazillion times and just didn't find the other threads...!

V

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
No uber does not accept EU license u can change it at dvla to a UK one but then your penalty point will be valid and your license can be suspended if you accumulate 12 points

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow that's pretty annoying...! Thanks for the quick response. Follow up question then (if you don't mind): do you know how long the process takes to change to a UK licence? Seems crazy they don't accept it, considering you can get the PCO licence with an EU licence...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
it ranges from five working days to two weeks but never more than that if u use first class recorded also this depends on equivalent of dvla in france because they need to check that you are not banned over there before issuing one over here: also u have had it for 15 years by law u have to change it after 2 years or if you are planing on still living here if caught im not sure what will happen but i have heard or similiar cases

·
Registered
356 Posts
it ranges from five working days to two weeks but never more than that if u use first class recorded also this depends on equivalent of dvla in france because they need to check that you are not banned over there before issuing one over here: also u have had it for 15 years by law u have to change it after 2 years or if you are planing on still living here if caught im not sure what will happen but i have heard or similiar cases
Do you?

I have friends from the EU that live in Austria, who are entitled to use their national licensed until 70 years. Not saying you're wrong, just saying it seems a little strange.

·
Banned
661 Posts
Do you?

I have friends from the EU that live in Austria, who are entitled to use their national licensed until 70 years. Not saying you're wrong, just saying it seems a little strange.
as an immigrant to england i can assure you that one has to get a uk license because you have a limit of 2 years to drive on foreign license here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to revive this thread from earlier this week, but are you saying that even EU license holders need to exchange their license for a UK license after two years of immigrating to the UK? We were told that only non-EU immigrants had to do that...

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
I personally don't think an EU Lic holder should be allowed to drive a UK Taxi/PH/Bus/LGV for any reason other than for private use (IE Not for the purpose of earning money) until at the very least swapping it for a UK Lic, or preferably sitting a UK Test.

No matter what anybody says I don't consider some Eastern European to be up to the job, and those that are will have no problem whatsoever passing the test so the drivers that are competent and professional will not be disadvantaged in any way.

And the good ones will not be tarred with the same brush as the useless.

Fookin' EU can bite me.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
non eu drivers cannot exchange it they have to do both tests again.
or get a International license
most licenses from outside eu are not valid unless u also apply for a international license this is valid for only one year , you can join local Private hire company but uber policy is u have to have a UK one. and also they wont let u join for some points like having DR10 or IN10

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi All!

I tried to find another thread on this topic as it must already exist....! Essentially I'm trying to find out if I'll be eligible to become an Uber driver in London with an EU licence (from France). I've had my full licence for over 15 years, and just got my PCO licence last month. I haven't read any requirements that the driver's licence must be from the UK, but now I've heard of someone from Italy getting rejected by Uber because of their EU licence...!

Any input would be appreciated. And apologies in advance if this is asked a gazillion times and just didn't find the other threads...!

V
You are married/have boyfriend ? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
non eu drivers cannot exchange it they have to do both tests again.
or get a International license
most licenses from outside eu are not valid unless u also apply for a international license this is valid for only one year , you can join local Private hire company but uber policy is u have to have a UK one. and also they wont let u join for some points like having DR10 or IN10
So how do they check if i have in10 on my license . Do they check wheb dbs check is dons

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts